BBC TopGear Film Look - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 25th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #61
Trustee

I think they just shoot the tests between series. Quite often Clarkson will write a review of a car for The Sunday Times, with the car pictured in the same location that they do the road test for Top Gear in. Often the Sunday Times articles appear more than a month before Clarkson shows the road test on the programme.

The Bentley Continental GT is one example. They tested it and showed it on a shingle beach. What the Top Gear programme didn't tell you is that they got this 300,000UKP car stuck halfway up it's wheels on that beach when they tried to drive it away! They had to leave it on the beach overnight! It wasn't on the programme but it was mentioned in Clarksons Sunday Times report.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #62
Major Player

Miguel,

i am in Guatemala, and i do a motorsport tv show as well, i shoot with a dvc80, and if you like we could start interchanging tips and material for each show.

We can give you from test drives, in exotic Guatemalan locations and or any kind of material that you request. What do you say ? contact me with msn messenger at kamicasse@hotmail.com so we could chat for a while.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production