Reverse Movie IDEAS.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Tourist

Reverse Movie IDEAS....

Hello... I am helping the church youth put together a funny, interesting video. They want to film different things and then watch it in reverse. Does anyone have any ideas of things we can film that will look funny, interesting, or amazing when watched in reverse? Thanks.
Trevor Dayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Wrangler

I have a couple ideas, but I dont think your church group would approve.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Eating, drinking, carpentry, any "destructive" task that permanently alters reality.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Any kind of throwing and catching. Frisbee's and ball's will miraculously jump out of people's hands.

Stuff being dropped, or falling from a height.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Regular Crew

here is a twist... have them try to do things in reverse while being filmed then play it in reverse and see how close to forward time they came! (like simple walking and regular activites) i think they tried something similar in the movie "top secret" with val kilmer in a library... could be fun!
marc
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:33 PM   #6
Major Player

Wow this topic hits home, because I used to do this all the time as a kid with grandmas old hi-8 camera.

Lets see some of the stuff we did.
Have one person walking and doing things backwards, while the other drops a deck of cards, or simular objects. This is fun to do as a common theme, having some people doing things in reverse so they look forward in the end result. I remember watching one video once, where the main star of the video walked and sang a song backwards the entire video...but everyone else just did normal things...the effect was hilarious as though the world was going nuts around this guy.

other ideas:

Eat potato chips and look around suspiciously while doing so (looks like you are taking it out your mouth and putting it in the bag lol)

Jump off a something (a swing set perhaps.)

Diving, swiming, or anything water related.

Scarf dancing, waving blankets around, etc.

Throwing something very violently is pretty funny too....it looks like it just came at you and you caught it ultra fast.

Pretty much think anything with very large movements that involve gravity or wind, or anything which would be impossible to do backwards in real life....there is alot of possibility
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production