Somewhat new to this. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Somewhat new to this.

I own a Sony TRV-950.

I was at the beach the other day and filmed some footage of people down by the lake.

Just to tinker I captured the footage on Adobe Premiere Pro. at 720/480 resolution. Immediately brought it into Adobe after effects, where the only effects I added was Magic Bullet in these steps. 1. 24frames deinterlace 2. Looks suite/Bistro 3. Letterboxer.

After rendering 10 seconds of footage. (Not sure how I should have my settings?) I brought it back into photoshop, captured the footage back onto my Sony TRV 950. Plugged it into the TV to check out the footage.

Here's what I noticed.

A bit of stair stepping. More so than the original footage.
The footage seems a bit stilted. (Could be my computer isn't powerful enough)
A bit more grainy looking.

What can I do to make my footage look it's best.

It looks really awesome on my computer monitor though. ;)
Trevor Trombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It's OK, I figured it out.

I guess the best thing to do when in a jam is to check out older threads before I go through the trouble of asking a question.

It appears there's three settings for the Deinterlacer when doing an After Affects/Magic Bullet film look plugin.

Cheers
Trevor Trombley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production