Dvx100 film look footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 25th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #16
Regular Crew

"...but the scene where the drops come from the sky and fall on the girl are a bit weird..."

Hi Jose
Liked your comment, my biggest concern was the letter falling down on her face, I did try to get cartoon effect, yet with a realistic touch. The rain drops are composed of letters...and at the end; one of them falls in the water.
Actually if you play it slow motion, you will see on the wide an "A" being used as the rain drop

Cheers and thanks

Albert
Albert Rudnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #17
Major Player

I had a problem with the CU of the raindrops, also. I had no idea that the raindrops were composed of letters until you told us. There is so much motion blur on them that you can't tell at all. They just looked like stylized drops. (maybe it's clearer when shown interlaced?)

The larger issue is that the speed at which the drops fall in the WS do not match the CU. If you were actually capturing the drops in-camera, the CU would have drops moving much quicker. They look like slo-mo, when the clip is obviously full speed. I would just speed up the drops in the CU, and make the bounce off her nose something a bit more subtle than the three perfect drops flying away. The CG work, even though stylized, will read much better the more naturalistic it is.

That being said, cool clips! I really like the concept and overall execution. You've got the start of a very cool demo reel.
Scott Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #18
Major Player

I am really impressed. I have saved them locally and played them many times. Please tell your friend I absolutely love the music, too.

I would like to hear more about what you did to the colors. And also about your background and experience!

Great job, thanks for sharing
Bill Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production