Black Void Performance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Black Void Performance

Hello community.

In Eminem music video "Lose yourself" there is a scene at 00:44 YouTube - Eminem - Lose Yourself MUSIC VIDEO which i dont understand.

It is a Green screen scene as i undarstand . But what bothers me is that its really dark scene. How do they achieve this effect in such low light situations . I believe the green screen has to be lit quite well to achieve the Green screen effect.

Or do they have a lamp behind the Artist that lights the Green screen? I watched "The making of Lose yourself" on youtube and they referred to this scene as "Black Void Performance" YouTube - The Making of Lose Yourself - Eminem Part 1 starting from 09:00 +

Also , if some one could fill me in about the lighting in this scene :)

And wile i'm here , at 00:34 where Eminem is standing on the street with the Lit "8mile " sign.
There's only Key lighting used ? Am i correct? YouTube - Eminem - Lose Yourself MUSIC VIDEO

Im quite new to this. But learning .
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Major Player

You have your subject stand 5 or 6 feet from the greenscreen and light both the subject and greenscreen seperately and once the greenscreen is keyed out you can manipulate the lighting on the subject in post bringing it up or down , so in eminems case they would just darken him down till he fits with the background . at least thats how I do it and it works for me..

Andy

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production