Microphone for wedding ceremony at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Microphone for wedding ceremony

Hi, I need some advice , I'm a one man business. in some point I will leave a camera recording in one corner pointing the couple and use a second camera taking interesting clips.

I have a Zoom H4N with two integrated microphones not sure if this will be enough, leave it some where hiding near the couple and the minister and them edit audio later in post of there is another solution. I was thinking in a shot gun pointed the couple but not sure.

thanks
Andy Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You could try using a Sennheiser SKP transmitter block into a shotgun mic. Then place it all on a magic arm with some feet
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Andy,

You should probably post this is the 'Wedding' forum for a better response. Having said that, the Zoom would have to be pretty darn close to the speakers to really work. There are a lot better options. The shotgun would work but not as well as a wired lav into a digital recorder or something similar.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production