DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   Magic Bullet Looks...share here! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/53039-magic-bullet-looks-share-here.html)

Soroush Shahrokni October 19th, 2005 05:37 PM

Magic Bullet Looks...share here!

If you are working with Magic Bullet and have some presets that you are happy about, you can share them here.

I had made a few presets that where very very nice...but my computer crashed and I had to re-install everything from scratch. What I forgot was to save my presets to another hard drive before formatting my C: so now they are all gone! =(

I never was successful in duplicating a "Se7en" look, anybody? Anyhow, plz feel free to share settings here if you like!

Kevin Calumpit October 20th, 2005 08:28 PM

se7en had a greenish blue(grey) look to it right

Vigna Raajan October 21st, 2005 12:12 AM

Hi Soroush,

SEVEN underwent the bleach bypass aka. skip bleach process which resulted in lesser saturation with crushed black levels. You can use the BLEACH BYPASS plugin of Magic bullet and all you have to do is work on the enhancement.

Cheers,

Vigna Raajan.

Vigna Raajan October 26th, 2005 10:10 AM

Hi,

This is one of my customized preset called MYSTERY.

MYSTERY

Pre saturation
PRE GAMMA
PRE CONTRAST

BLACK DIFFUSION
WHITE DIFFUSION

GRADIENT
depending on the shot

CAMERA
3 STRIP PROCESS
TINT

R 70
G 120
B 40

TINT BLACK

R 10
G40
B 210

TINT BLACK THRESHOLD
25 (DEPENDING ON TASTE)

HUE
GAMMA
CONTRAST
SATURATION

Hope you'd like it.

Vigna Raajan.

DJ Kinney October 26th, 2005 01:12 PM

Does it end up looking bleachy-green? Just making sure I got it right.

Oh and for everybody...

What's the most "film look" preset that anyone out there has? Any specific 16mm looks, or any that doo a good job of compressing shadows and livening up the colour?

Vigna Raajan October 26th, 2005 01:37 PM

It does not have a bleachy look. Instead it creates a gloomy de-saturated look.

But yes, it is inclined to green.

Vigna Raajan

Warren Shultz October 26th, 2005 09:46 PM

Vigna, can you post a couple of frame grabs?

Yngve Elde October 27th, 2005 01:07 AM

Metallic Look

How do you get that metallic look, i've tried taking down the saturation but it only gives half the look.

James Llewellyn November 13th, 2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yngve Elde
How do you get that metallic look, i've tried taking down the saturation but it only gives half the look.

Yeah I too have been playing around to recreate the metallic or silver toned look you see in some car commercials (mostly ones of cars blasting across an open desert), but I can't quite get it to look right.

sorry if this deems as a necropost, but I figured it wouldn't hurt too much to raise this from the dead before a month has passed.

Joshua Provost November 14th, 2005 09:06 AM

James,

If you can post a sample image of yours, and a sample of the look you are going for, I'm sure there are a few out here that will take a crack at creating a look to replicate it.

Josh