film look in premiere elements 2.0, 24 p question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old December 28th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

film look in premiere elements 2.0, 24 p question

Hey,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to do some film looks in adobe premiere elements 2.0 without resorting to having to buy more software. Maybe like adjusting opacity and deinterlacing etc, anybody have a recepie? Also I will be using 60i footage, so I'm wondering if it's best to make it into 24p look(not sure what people are talking about when they convert 60i footage to 24p, does it look pretty much the same?), do you have to do anything else before you burn it to dvd? Also i will be using 24p footage from a canon xl2 in the near future, can my editing program handle this footage and if so, is there any particular steps one would take with 24p footage before you burn it to a dvd? Will it automatically be turned into interlcaed footage for the dvd? I'm really confused about editing and deinterlacing and transforming 60i to 24p, or what to do with 24p footage and how to shoot with it etc. Sorry for the load of questions, I'm new to all of this stuff and this board. thanks for reading.

Luke
Luke McMillian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production