Cinelook and Commotion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 19th, 2003, 01:46 AM   #1
Tourist

Cinelook and Commotion

Hi! How does Cinelook make video look like film? Is it all because of the color correction...or is there something else that Cinelook does to make video look like film? Does anybody have any examples or knows if there was anything on tv that used cinelook? I can't really use the demo because I don't have Adobe After Effects, and might have to buy it if I buy Cinelook.

By the way, can Cinelook work with Commotion Pro? Does anyone have Commotion Pro? How is it different from After Effects? With Commotion, can you arrange video in any place you want...similar to arranging images in photoshop?

Thanks,
JP
Jon Paul Puno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #2
Warden

Cinelook is a plugin for After Effects. It use the power of AE's image manipulation in a custom Cinelook interface. It allows you to adjust many parameters of the image with a click of a button, rather than complex AE controls. You can see example at the Cinelook site. It works with AE, Flint, Flame, Fire etc.

Along the same lines as Cinelook is Magic Bullet It also is a pluging for AE but is more advanced and offers better image quality in my opinion.

Commotion Pro is Pinnacles compositing, paint and effects program. It is similar to AE, but does not support AE's plugins. Lite versions are bundled with many NLE's.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production