Free/Cheap place in NYC to screen my movie? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Free/Cheap place in NYC to screen my movie?

I'm nearly finished with my first no budget short. It came out OK for a first timer. I'd like to have a party to show the film to actors, crew, family and friends. Probably 30-50 people.

Does anyone know of a good, cheap place in NYC where I can show the movie and have drinks, food, etc?

Someone mentioned PopBurger but I can't find a good website for it. Any other ideas?
Brian Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Trustee

A media room in some university?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Wrangler

I had one of my shorts screened at Dekk. It's a trendy low key restaurant in Tribeca with a screening room in the back. They also have a movie night every tuesday if I remember you can ask the couple that run it if you can join in.

The Tribeca Grand Hotel has a really sweet screening room in the basement, don't know how much that costs. I've usually gone during some sort of film festival and there's a little meeting space outside for drinks and cocktails.

If you rent your own projector, there's quite a few restaurants/lounges in the city that will let you screen films as long as you buy food and drinks. A few of the Serafina restaurants have drop down movie screens, good places on Mon/Tues nights when they're dead.

I'd also check out off-broadway rehearsal space. There are a lot of cheap rooms & theatres that you can rent for a few hours to host a show.
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The Den @ Two Boots

Check out the Den at Two Boots. They offer a bar-type space with a projector for $375/4 hours including all the pizza and pop you can eat/drink. I've been there after the IFP Buzz Cut screenings and it's a nice space. It's not a screening room with theater seating but it could be a nice venue to screen your film.

http://www.twoboots.com/theden/den_private_FAQ.html
Chien Huey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production