New Film Look and color correction software - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 5th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Greg, We will look into QT.

Alex, thank you for pointing this out. I will look to see if there is a patch for the HuffYUV codec out there.

As Chris mentions we have a couple cases where people are having problems rendering lengthy files. Because we have only received 2 reports of this problem, it makes it difficult to pin point the issue. We are working on it! And also looking into a new avi rendering engine. We may test this engine with the people that are having this problem to see if it fixes it.

The new 24p option has seen some changes and we are adding more functionality before the release. We have added a deinterlacing/24p adjustment screen so that the user can tweak and test the options in real time without having to render the video.

We will keep you posted of all progress.
MenteMagica CG Software
Alain Bellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Thames
Well...from the website you linked to:
"- One of our visitors reported bugs in HuffYUV 2.2.0: The new version 2.2.0 is one big bug. It just does not work at all. Opening the resulting AVI file always crashes Windows Explorer... It may work on some peopls PC's but not on mine (Win XP) and a lot of other people dont use the newer version either because it doesn't work."
Ah good catch there, my oversight. I did have some luck with very small files, but larger files just won't play for me.
Armin DeFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #48
Regular Crew

10-Bit Support?

Hello Alain,

I'm very interested in your product. Do you plan to support 10-Bit files in the near future?

-Geoff Murillo
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #49
Inner Circle

How would compare your product to Synthetic Aperture? Besides cost?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:23 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Hello All,

The update has taken a bit longer than expected due to the incorporation of a new AVI writing engine. It was a decision we had to make and we decided that it would make sense to introduce it along with the new 24p feature. We are doing the final integration steps.

Geoff, we don't have a date set for support for 10bit files yet.

Joe, I do not know much about synthetic apperture. I assume you are talking about their Color Finnesse product. It looks like a dedicated and advanced color correction application. CinemantiQ's aim is different. CinemantiQ is focused on ease of use and the emulation of certain visual aspects of what has come to be known as "the film look", including color correction, diffusion filters, and soon a 24p converter.

If you are after an advanced color correction system, and know how to operate such a beast, go with Color Finnesse by all means. I would have to say though that not many people need it or know how to take advantage of it. Colorists earn good money for a reason :)
MenteMagica CG Software
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #51
New Boot

Canopus?

Will your product work with the Canopus HQ codec?
How does your pro0duct compare with DVFilm?
Nick Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:40 AM   #52
Regular Crew

just want to know CinemantiQ does this features:
- 16 bit processing?
- auto scene detection/spliting?
- openGL accell or CPU+GPU render?

seems to be a great app!
Hornady Setiawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #53
Regular Crew

Nick,

The codec should not be a problem as long as it is a readable DirectShow codec. I'll try to give you more feedback once I ask the testers about the codec. Regarding the comparison with DV film: CinemantiQ does color processing , lens simulation, etc. DVFilm is just (as far as I know) 24p converter. Once 1.1 version is released you will be able to compare the quality of our 24p converter.

Hornady,

Cinemanti
MenteMagica CG Software
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Nick,

The codec should not be a problem as long as it is a readable DirectShow codec. I'll try to give you more feedback once I ask the testers about the codec. Regarding the comparison with DV film: CinemantiQ does color processing , lens simulation, etc. DVFilm is just (as far as I know) 24p converter. Once 1.1 version is released you will be able to compare the quality of our 24p converter.

Hornady,

CinemantiQ is an 8 bit app, for the moment. It will do scene spitting in a future version. It does not use GPU acceleration since the average user benefit was estimated to be marginal. It is pretty fast.
MenteMagica CG Software
Old June 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #55
New Boot

The software seems absolutely impressive. However, I live in PAL-Land and I presume the application is NTSC-only?
Alexander Benesch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production