Tiffen HDTV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 9th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Trustee

Tiffen HDTV

Did anyone try the Tiffen HDTV filter? I tried the ultracontrast 3 and found the result to be a bit agressive for my taste (the footage was too milky even with a ND filter). I also tried the Black Pro Mist 1/4 and I found the result to be barrely visible. The Tiffen HDTV has 3 different intensities (1/2, 1 and 2) and I'd like to know if somebody tried it and what were the results (footage would be great). I plan to use it with a FX1 to "increase" the latitude a little and soften the harsh video look a bit.

http://www.2filter.com/faq/tiffen/tiffen_hdfilters.html
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #2
Cinematographer

Tiffen filters

I have used the HDTV filters with a Varicam with fujinon lenses. I used HDTV 1 with 1/4 Low Contrast filter to get a more filmic look. If you are using the Sony H1 I recommend using the 1/8 Low Contrast indoors and 1/4 outdoors. The HDTV filters might diffuse the sony to much especially in the highlights.

I have footage on my sight that I shoot with a 1/8 low contrast filter check the flamenco piece

David H Castillo
Director of Photography
Blue Barn Pictures
www.bluebarnpictures.com
David H. Castillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #3
Trustee

Yes. that is what I heard. Aparentely these filters work really well IF combined with a ND, polarizer, etc. I'm not really sure which intensity to buy though...1/2, 1 or 2? Do you have any footage shot with your HDTV#1?
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production