DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   9:04 AM, my next film, to shoot in October! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/73556-9-04-am-my-next-film-shoot-october.html)

Heath McKnight August 13th, 2006 08:37 PM

9:04 AM, my next film, to shoot in October!

Well, after years of working on getting the film off the ground, I can finally (FINALLY) say the movie is a go, it's got the greenlight, etc.! We shoot in October and we're currently in pre-production. (I can't believe I've spent a day just on planning out the menu! But so goes the indie film production.)

I have a blog you can check out that's been going on for nearly 6 years now, back when "blog" wasn't even a word anyone was really using. So for that, details on the film, clips from readings and more, visit:

www.904am.com

We're also going to be planning which format to shoot on (more than likely on HDV, Z1 probably), schedules, tests, etc.

Thanks,

heath

Gabriel Yeager August 13th, 2006 09:14 PM

Hey, Heath! I can't wait to hear more about your film! Is there any story or plot you can give us?

Wish you the best of luck!
~Gabriel~

Heath McKnight August 13th, 2006 10:21 PM

It's an ensemble film that I conceived as a comic book based on some things in my life and my friends' lives, and even a series of dreams I had, back in 1995 (and some stuff that happened in 1994). I wrote the first draft in 3 days on ClarisWorks, an old Word-style program for Macs, in May 1997.

I didn't direct it then, but I did another film and some shorts before I felt ready to tackle it. The film is about life for some early- to mid-20 somethings, and their relationships as family, friends, co-workers and more.

Sign up for our email newsletter (no spam, etc.) at www.mpsdigital.com (lower left-hand corner) for details on this and our other projects.

Thanks,

heath

Ben Gurvich August 14th, 2006 04:56 AM

Thats great Heath!

It's good to see you have stuck with an idea for so long and now it is finally getting made, gives the rest of us hope.

Though I was under the impression that 9.am was already made, becuase its been your signature for some time.

Are you shooting with a 35mm adapter?

Also when you say greenlit, are you receiving outside funding? IF so thats great too.

Cheers.
Ben Gurvich

Heath McKnight August 14th, 2006 07:31 AM

Don't know about the 35mm adaptor--we're just now deciding what to shoot on. As for the greenlight--it's my money, so I'm going the George Lucas route (self-financing), but if I can get someone else to put some money in, I wouldn't mind.

I'm just excited to finally be putting 9:04 AM together with my cast and crew, to shoot the darn thing! For more, check out this page on the site.

Also, I'm also 100% sure we'll be writing articles about our experiences for Chris here at the site, like with my short RELEASE ME and 3 SISTERS.

heath

Gabriel Yeager August 14th, 2006 02:33 PM

Okay, cool! I'll sign up for your news letter now.

Hope you make it!
~Gabriel~

Joe Carney August 19th, 2006 10:03 PM

I tried to sign up, but got a 'NOT FOUND' error. Did I do something wrong?

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 08:30 AM

Joe,

Email me, hmcknight@mac.com, your email and I'll put it in. You'll get a confirmation after that. I'm thinking of doing another giveaway to new and existing newsletter members (no spam, etc., of course), probably something from the 9:04 AM shop, maybe the clock.

heath

Gabriel Yeager August 20th, 2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
Joe,

Email me, hmcknight@mac.com, your email and I'll put it in. You'll get a confirmation after that. I'm thinking of doing another giveaway to new and existing newsletter members (no spam, etc., of course), probably something from the 9:04 AM shop, maybe the clock.

heath

Thats a good Idea Heath... Its a great way to promote your film. Do you have a release date, or a place in mind that you plan to show it at?

~Gabriel~

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 11:07 AM

I'm just waiting to shoot it first, but some time in 2007. A special screening for friends, family, cast, crew, and the public locally, then, hopefully, film fests around the world.

hwm

Gabriel Yeager August 20th, 2006 11:11 AM

Cool. I can't wait. Make sure to keep us updated!

~Gabriel~

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 11:21 AM

Gabriel,

Send your email address to hmcknight@mac.com and I'll put you in our update e-newsletter list (no spam, etc.).

I'm going to do a contest; win a 9:04 AM clock! Sign up for our email newsletter (either visit www.mpsdigital.com and sign up on the bottom left-hand corner or email me at hmcknight@mac.com) and you'll be entered to win. People who are already signed up to our newsletter are automatically entered, too.

heath

Gabriel Yeager August 20th, 2006 03:06 PM

Thanks, Heath! I sent you an e-mail. I hope you got it.... :>)

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 03:15 PM

I did and you should have a confirmation.

heath

Gabriel Yeager August 20th, 2006 03:33 PM

I clicked on the link and it say "Form Submission Error
Don't worry, gabrielyeager@gmail.com is already on this list!"

I take it, this means that I did it right and that I am 'good to go'?

Thanks again!
~Gabriel~