DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   Updated version of my filmmaking guide available. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/80055-updated-version-my-filmmaking-guide-available.html)

Adam Rench November 20th, 2006 01:50 PM

Updated version of my filmmaking guide available.

Hello all,

I've added a few things and updated a few sections to my filmmaking guide. Just a reminder or for those of you who are new to this board: I offer the guide for free - it's a PDF that I put together to consolidate all the of things I have learned about low budget filmmaking. This guide is geared towards the beginner.

Click on the following link Bohoc Productions, click on Indie Filmmaking Guide, and then click on the "Download Guide Here" button.

Mathieu Ghekiere November 23rd, 2006 05:48 PM

Thank you, Adam!
I read your guide in the past, and I thought it was helpfull and nicely written. I'll gladly look into the updates!

Allan Liang December 11th, 2006 01:40 PM

Forgive me for being a noob, but I can't seem to log in. Instructions anyone? Thank you.

Adam Rench December 11th, 2006 01:43 PM

hey allan,

just click on the homepage www.bohoc.org and click on the menu item "Indie Filmmaking Guide" and then click on the "Download Guide here" button on the top right of the page. Should be all set. :)

Kevin Myhre December 11th, 2006 04:44 PM

I'm agree I can't figure it out. It brings me to a page to log it says "Your account has been created.
You can access your Web site right away using d2435597.u85.mygisol.com. Over the next few days, DNS servers all across the Internet will
update themselves with your new site name. Once that happens, you will be able to access your site at its permanent address, bohoc.org." So I don't know if somethings being updated or what the problem is

Adam Rench December 11th, 2006 06:13 PM

Oh jeez! I just checked. I'm switching web hosting services and it looks like they are doing the updates right now. Sorry about that. Maybe tomorrow all will be back to normal.

Cole McDonald December 11th, 2006 09:10 PM

Price for shake has changed significantly from the reported price in your document...Great beginners' doc though, thanks for sharing.

Adam Rench December 11th, 2006 10:20 PM

Did I see that correctly?! Shake is only $499 now? That's incredible. Why the drop? I haven't done much research on that program since writing the guide.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the guide and for the tip for the price on shake. :)

Cole McDonald December 11th, 2006 10:33 PM

Apple is trying to make themselves unavoidable in the movie industry...as a side effect, they are revolutionizing the DV Indie's capabilities. They are getting into Hollywood the same way they got into business in the late 70's early 80's...give the young their product and it will come with them into industry ;)

I'm working on sharing my experiences as well, so your document struck me closely. It's important to share our learning and mistakes with each other so we can shortcut the learning process a bit.

Cole McDonald December 11th, 2006 10:36 PM

ooh...and check out the educators' discount some time...it'll hurt your brain :) < US$250!

Adam Rench December 11th, 2006 11:11 PM

That's great cole! I like your website too. I haven't checked it all out yet, but I will.

Thanks again. Yeah, my eyes shot out of my head when I saw that price. Even with out the educational discount! haha.

Kevin Myhre December 12th, 2006 11:38 AM

Good the site's working again so now I can actually read it. Thanks for writting it. I can never read enough on how to for this stuff.

Hey Cole. I don't think I ever knew your real name form the other board. I'll try to get more footage with my A1 sometime soon.

Adam Rench December 12th, 2006 11:41 AM

Thanks Kevin,

Yeah, I tried to put all I learned on that guide. I figured "what would I have wanted to know when I startedout?" and then I put that in the guide. I know that a lot of it is basic stuff, but I figured that even for the expereinced filmmaker, there may be a few things in there that still may help.

Nick Ambrose December 12th, 2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Rench
Hello all,

I've added a few things and updated a few sections to my filmmaking guide. Just a reminder or for those of you who are new to this board: I offer the guide for free - it's a PDF that I put together to consolidate all the of things I have learned about low budget filmmaking. This guide is geared towards the beginner.

Click on the following link Bohoc Productions, click on Indie Filmmaking Guide, and then click on the "Download Guide Here" button.

Thanks! Definitely going to check it out (I need all the help I can get)

Adam Rench May 16th, 2007 11:08 AM

Hi all - Version 2.0 of my guide is out now on my site. I've updated some of the sections on color correction, added in the new "Color" piece for FCP and I've also decided to take out a lot of the time specific parts so that the guide can be a more generalized piece and wont go out of date so quickly.

Take a gander if you care to.

www.bohoc.org/guide.htm

Thanks!