problem exporting 24f in PP2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #1
New Boot

problem exporting 24f in PP2

After shooting 24f footage on a Canon xh a1, capturing using the Adobe preset which I downloaded from Adobe, and editing, when I went to export to dvd their was stairstep type artifacts on the dvd playback only. When i exported to WMV it was fine, and everything looks great on an ntsc monitor when playing back from time line.. I know PP2 doesn't support export to tape from 24f, but it appears somethings funky with DVD export...as least in my setup. Any help greatly appreciated!
Peter Zipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Peter
May I ask what program were u using to do the authoring. What was the compression.
You said that PP2 doesn't support export to tape using 24f.
What settings did u use to capture and edit the raw 24f.
Please note that from the PP2's timeline, you can export to tape. Make sure that if you are exporting to tape, you use a camcorder that is capable of capturing 24P or 24f.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production