DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   24fps quicktime conversion from old school video camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/9458-24fps-quicktime-conversion-old-school-video-camera.html)

Bob Benkosky May 9th, 2003 01:54 AM

24fps quicktime conversion from old school video camera

I just recently put up a server which contains a 10 meg quicktime clip of a small sketch I did in college. I added a few titles and helped out the color a small bit.

I also added a few bits of my own original music compositions although not composed exactly for this.

I figured you'd all like to see something really old school, yet of semi-decent quality. I was just messing around with this, but it had a nice look to it in my opinion.

You can be honest of what you think about it because it's like from 1992 and it's by no means a MOVIE, just the beginning of a short sketch. I did alot of those in college because I could never get together alot of people for roles to complete a whole film back then. I also didn't have a computer in 1992 like I do now.

The server is up at 24.48.157.33 port 21 it has been fixed. Even I couldn't log onto it for the first 10 minutes. Some reason I had to open up the server even though it said online.

Hopefully you can get in. I'll leave it on all night.

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2003 03:46 AM

I am assuming this is an FTP server (port 21). It won't allow me
to log in anonymously...

Bob Benkosky May 9th, 2003 07:51 AM

No, it's log in = film password = clip.

Bob Benkosky May 9th, 2003 08:00 AM

I'm wondering if anyone downloaded it succesfully. If you did make sure you tell me you did.

Bob Benkosky May 9th, 2003 03:55 PM

No thoughts on this download at all? Did you at least see it?

Jeff Donald May 9th, 2003 06:10 PM

I just tried to DL it and got an error (connection refused). But I'm on a Mac and that might have something to do with it.

Bob Benkosky May 9th, 2003 07:27 PM

Man, it should be up and running, I was able to get in from another computer. Maybe Mac has something to do with it.

Bob Benkosky May 10th, 2003 12:01 AM

Somehow my ip changed to this.

Try it now.

24.52.42.73, on port 21

same login and pass

Alex Knappenberger May 10th, 2003 12:04 AM

I tried using film as the login and clip as the password, and it told me I have a inncorect login or pass.

Bob Benkosky May 10th, 2003 12:06 AM

Try it now, I fixed it. I made it in just now.

Alex Knappenberger May 10th, 2003 12:09 AM

Yeah, i'm in there, but which one is it?

Bob Benkosky May 10th, 2003 12:10 AM

Freinds like these.mov

Alex Knappenberger May 10th, 2003 12:11 AM

Cool. It's downloading...

You could just make it a anonymous account, so people could download it right from IE without having to go through anything, they could just right click and save target as.

EDIT -- I think you canceled it by sending me a message. (i'm using some cheap free FTP program). :D

Bob Benkosky May 10th, 2003 12:13 AM

Well, I've looked into making it that way but I can't make it work. I have to name it something, so regarless I'd have to make a log in, but I could omit the password.