DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Orange County, CA Members? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/101170-orange-county-ca-members.html)

Heath Vinyard August 12th, 2007 12:49 PM

Orange County, CA Members?

Hey everyone.
I'm trying to find other soon-to-be indie movie makers in the OC, CA area to network with and maybe work on projects with. There doesn't seem to be a lot of us out here, and if I find one, they tend to flake, disappear, or just otherwise be interested in life outside of movie making.

So is there anyone else like me that's kinda fighting the battle alone and would like to find someone else that's trying to move in the same direction?

Anyone? :)

Kyle Defy August 13th, 2007 01:19 PM

I'm in South OC, and I have been working almost full time with my two production companies. Some months are slow, but some months are a feast. My newest projects have been aerial vidoegraphy with remote control helicopters and high def footage. I fly my FX1, and some other smaller cams depending on the shoot.
If you are looking for some work, or need some help, let me know.

Kyle

Heath Vinyard August 13th, 2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Defy (Post 728281)
I'm in South OC, and I have been working almost full time with my two production companies. Some months are slow, but some months are a feast. My newest projects have been aerial vidoegraphy with remote control helicopters and high def footage. I fly my FX1, and some other smaller cams depending on the shoot.
If you are looking for some work, or need some help, let me know.

Kyle

Hi Kyle.
Thanks for answering here. I'm not really looking for work, per say. I have a regular full time job. I'm looking for other people out here in OC that are trying to get into the movie industry, like me. I work better with a partner, so I'm trying to find a like minded person to start writing/directing/producing some stuff and get known. However it is to go about doing that.

The remote stuff sounds pretty intriguing. What type of industry do you apply that in?

Heath

Kyle Defy August 13th, 2007 03:57 PM

Producing / Directing is my field, not writing. I apply the aerial video towards commercials, events, music vids, construction industry, police investigations, surveylance and so on.

I am allways receiving scripts, but I haven't found one that perks my film interest, maybe some day.

Heath Vinyard August 13th, 2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Defy (Post 728377)
Producing / Directing is my field, not writing. I apply the aerial video towards commercials, events, music vids, construction industry, police investigations, surveylance and so on.

I am allways receiving scripts, but I haven't found one that perks my film interest, maybe some day.

Yeah, script is the hard part, having written a few myself. I actually had one finish as a considered in Creative Screenwriting's competition. If you google me, you'll see it.

I've been working on getting my gear together lately and now that I think I have everything I can afford to get right now, I'm looking for someone I can work with. I seem to do better bouncing ideas off of someone else. Go figure. :)

Joey Atilano August 14th, 2007 07:59 AM

Im in Garden Grove and I work full time, married with 2 kids.

Im kind of like you Heath, I have nobody to make movies with. I usually will film some clips and practice some new type of effect or setting. I have a couple friends that when ever we get together we film a movie that is usually only funny to us but it is alot of fun.

Latlely I have just been filming test clips to see what I can do for one day down the road I do try to make something real.

Heath Vinyard August 29th, 2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Atilano (Post 728727)
Im in Garden Grove and I work full time, married with 2 kids.

Im kind of like you Heath, I have nobody to make movies with. I usually will film some clips and practice some new type of effect or setting. I have a couple friends that when ever we get together we film a movie that is usually only funny to us but it is alot of fun.

Latlely I have just been filming test clips to see what I can do for one day down the road I do try to make something real.

Hey there Joey.
I've been outta the loop since you posted this. We should talk and see if we can put something together. It's always nicer to have someone to work with that's got desire.

Heath