Orange County, CA Members? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
Orange County, CA Members?

Hey everyone.
I'm trying to find other soon-to-be indie movie makers in the OC, CA area to network with and maybe work on projects with. There doesn't seem to be a lot of us out here, and if I find one, they tend to flake, disappear, or just otherwise be interested in life outside of movie making.

So is there anyone else like me that's kinda fighting the battle alone and would like to find someone else that's trying to move in the same direction?

Anyone? :)
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #2
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 12
I'm in South OC, and I have been working almost full time with my two production companies. Some months are slow, but some months are a feast. My newest projects have been aerial vidoegraphy with remote control helicopters and high def footage. I fly my FX1, and some other smaller cams depending on the shoot.
If you are looking for some work, or need some help, let me know.

Kyle
Kyle Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Defy View Post
I'm in South OC, and I have been working almost full time with my two production companies. Some months are slow, but some months are a feast. My newest projects have been aerial vidoegraphy with remote control helicopters and high def footage. I fly my FX1, and some other smaller cams depending on the shoot.
If you are looking for some work, or need some help, let me know.

Kyle
Hi Kyle.
Thanks for answering here. I'm not really looking for work, per say. I have a regular full time job. I'm looking for other people out here in OC that are trying to get into the movie industry, like me. I work better with a partner, so I'm trying to find a like minded person to start writing/directing/producing some stuff and get known. However it is to go about doing that.

The remote stuff sounds pretty intriguing. What type of industry do you apply that in?

Heath
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #4
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 12
Producing / Directing is my field, not writing. I apply the aerial video towards commercials, events, music vids, construction industry, police investigations, surveylance and so on.

I am allways receiving scripts, but I haven't found one that perks my film interest, maybe some day.
Kyle Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Defy View Post
Producing / Directing is my field, not writing. I apply the aerial video towards commercials, events, music vids, construction industry, police investigations, surveylance and so on.

I am allways receiving scripts, but I haven't found one that perks my film interest, maybe some day.
Yeah, script is the hard part, having written a few myself. I actually had one finish as a considered in Creative Screenwriting's competition. If you google me, you'll see it.

I've been working on getting my gear together lately and now that I think I have everything I can afford to get right now, I'm looking for someone I can work with. I seem to do better bouncing ideas off of someone else. Go figure. :)
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Garden Grove CA
Posts: 239
Im in Garden Grove and I work full time, married with 2 kids.

Im kind of like you Heath, I have nobody to make movies with. I usually will film some clips and practice some new type of effect or setting. I have a couple friends that when ever we get together we film a movie that is usually only funny to us but it is alot of fun.

Latlely I have just been filming test clips to see what I can do for one day down the road I do try to make something real.
__________________
My videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/lucasberg
Joey Atilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Atilano View Post
Im in Garden Grove and I work full time, married with 2 kids.

Im kind of like you Heath, I have nobody to make movies with. I usually will film some clips and practice some new type of effect or setting. I have a couple friends that when ever we get together we film a movie that is usually only funny to us but it is alot of fun.

Latlely I have just been filming test clips to see what I can do for one day down the road I do try to make something real.

Hey there Joey.
I've been outta the loop since you posted this. We should talk and see if we can put something together. It's always nicer to have someone to work with that's got desire.

Heath
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network