DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Columbus, Ohio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/10339-columbus-ohio.html)

John Massie May 31st, 2003 09:54 PM

Columbus, Ohio

Hey All,
I've already posted once, but I thought I would say Hi, and to see if there are any other users in Columbus, Ohio...

I just got my foot into the door of the DV world, this year, when I began working for a church. I am not really up to the "DV" world yet, I am still in the Digital8 world. I am trying to get my budget expanded so I can buy a DV cam... Time will tell...

These fourms have been very helpful so far!

Looking forward to talking to you all!

John

Rob Lohman June 2nd, 2003 11:23 AM

Welcome aboard John!

David Stoneburner July 8th, 2003 08:59 AM

Hi from Dayton, OH. Just got registered. I am the video production manager at Wright State University. I also do freelance work on the side shooting with a GL-1 and editing with a DV500 and Premiere.

Alex Knappenberger July 8th, 2003 01:31 PM

Wow, some fellow Ohio-ians, finally. :D I'm from Canton... =/

William Brunk July 11th, 2003 09:52 AM

Add me to the Columbus, OH list.

Jeff Jordan July 27th, 2003 04:46 PM

same here. just got my GL2 last Wednesday and I also live in Columbus. No buckeye fan though. Pure orange Volunteer, class of '84!

I don't work in any area of video. 35mm still shooting has always been my passion(been a Canon shooter for about 20 years, using a 1D currently), and now I want to play around in the video area. The $250 rebate finally pushed me over the edge........

Spencer Houck August 8th, 2003 12:08 PM

I'm representin' Cuyahoga Falls...a.k.a. the Akron area. But i go to Ohio University for video production, so I spend most of my time in lovely Athens, Ohio.

Spence

Kevin Maistros September 19th, 2003 10:10 AM

Cleveland here.

Ozzie Leon September 26th, 2003 01:17 PM

Good to see columbus ohio representing. Panasonic ag-dvx100 all the way. I've been editing for 5 yrs using XL1 to the panasonic now. Adobe premiere is currently the choice for me but I am looking to switch to avid or final cut pro thanks to pinnacle, no fault of adobe.

Jacob Ehrichs April 3rd, 2004 09:51 PM

Dayton Oh here! Do video for my church and looking at doing a few small independant short movies. Shooting with an XL1 and a buddy has the XL1s.

Linda Schodowsky April 5th, 2004 09:29 PM

Berea here... southwest suburb of Cleveland. Berea is home of the Cleveland Browns training camp (as if that is something to brag about).

Scott Spears May 2nd, 2004 09:04 AM

A good networking website for Ohio filmmakers can be found at www.ohiofilmvideo.com.

Scott

Christopher Lefchik May 3rd, 2004 09:34 PM

Another Columbus resident here. I started becoming interested in video about 6-7 years ago. In 2001 I got my first computer and video card/software for editing. I've done some volunteer video work for a local non-profit organization, plus my own projects. I'm currently using a Sony VX2000 and a Matrox RT.X100. It sure is a great time to be into video production.

Cory Bantilan May 5th, 2004 03:50 AM

California native and 4th year student at OSU here. Just recently bought a PD-DV953.

Steve McDonald May 15th, 2004 06:34 PM

John, from what an old friend from high school who lives in Columbus tells me, it's the bright spot in that part of the country.

I recently made the shift from primarily using MegaPixel Digital8 camcorders and VCRs, to DV. If you get into DV equipment, try to keep your Digital8 gear as well, as it makes a good format to alternately re-record the DV FireWire signal. I use all my units from both formats and hope I don't get stuck at some point with important recordings only on Digital8 tape and no working equipment to play them back.

You're welcome here and you'll find that there's no barrier between those who use different levels of equipment. We recognize that despite great differences in cost and performance of our gear, that we all have much more in common than there is to separate us.

Steve McDonald