Hi from the foothills of the sierras! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi from the foothills of the sierras!

Hello All,

I just found this place and what a mint! Tons of useful information and extremely knowledgeable people.

Well I am getting my feet wet and diving into the world of video and I will have tons of questions I am sure!

Anyone close to the Sonora area? I am about an hour the other direction near Yosemite...

Kevin
Kevin Saitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Greetings from Folsom and welcome to the forums! We usually pass through Groveland on the way to Yosemite and will be down that way in February. If you ever make it to Sacramento check out our local videographer association at http://www.spva.info/
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Kevin,

Thanks will do! I actually go to Sac every so often so at least now I have another reason to go.

Kevin
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi to both of you! I also live in Folsom, and I've got a new Canon XH A1. I don't do this professionally, I am producing a short film, hopefully to be followed by some full-length ones.
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Robert: give me a call sometime if you want to talk shop, and mark your calendar for the next SPVA meeting on Nov. 28th. You can find my phone number on my web site at http://www.videomem.com/
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Hruska View Post
Hi to both of you! I also live in Folsom, and I've got a new Canon XH A1. I don't do this professionally, I am producing a short film, hopefully to be followed by some full-length ones.
Actually saw this after I responded to your SF Area post. I shooting the FX1,and HV20, and have experimented with 35mm adapters. As I indicated, in other post PM if you want to keep in touch.

Kevin Shaw: Having some surgery on the 22, but may try to make 28th meeting still....
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #7
Regular Crew

yeah, that sounds good. I AM interested in 35mm adapters! After this short, though... I have to save at least some of my profligate spending until later...
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Having some surgery on the 22, but may try to make 28th meeting still....
Hope everything works out okay. If necessary I might be able to have one of our members pick you up and bring you to the meeting...we have some who come from further south.
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Man I wish I lived closer to you guys. If you ever get up to the Yosemite area let me know as I am about 20 mins from the main gates. I am ordering the XH A1 in the morning and can start working on some of my ideas! I cant wait to get the camera an start filming! I am not doing this professionally either but it is my goal in the next 6-12 months. I have a background in art, traditional and photographic, been doing it since the 80's and now making the transition to video, but I still shoot the 8x10 and 11x14 cameras every so often, guess I cant leave it behind completely.

Again, great to meet you guys!

I hope the surgery goes well!

Kev
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Kevin: send me an email using the link on my website above and we'll see if we can arrange to meet you when we go to Yosemite next spring.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood