Introducing Myself - Charlotte NC - JVC 110 - FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 20th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Introducing Myself - Charlotte NC - JVC 110 - FCP

Hello, my name is Levi Bethune. I am 25 and live just south of Charlotte, NC but originally hail from Virginia Beach, VA.

I recently acquired a JVC HD110u which to me is a big step from the Sony PD150 and PDX10 I have. HDV seemed like the logical step for me as I'm currently trying to boost my reel and break into the music video and independent film realm.

I recently became the TV Show Editor for MorningStar Ministries in Fort Mill, SC and I run organicvisual(dot)com.

In the summer of 2007 I produced, shot, edited and directed a 6 episode documentary of God's Summer of Love Tour with TheCauseUSA. We recorded on miniDV with a Sony PDX10 and a Canon GL1, edited on Final Cut Pro, mastered the music on Cubase, and shipped overnight to DC every week. I was also driving the production truck that we used and had my wife and 8 month old little boy with me. That was my "forging in the fire" experience that has prepared me for just about anything. You can see the episodes in flash format on http://organicvisual.com

I am currently outfitting my new camera and upgrading my editing suite (a MacPro Quad Core with Final Cut Studio and AE) and enjoying DVinfo's vast user community.
Levi Bethune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Welcome Levi,

DVinfo.net is a great site loaded with up to date information. I hope you enjoy and look foward to your input.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3
Trustee

Hey Levi,

A little bit of a small-world question, but is Doug your dad?

I'm over in VA Beach myself, and used to work with Doug and still see him front time-to-time over at Regent . . . sorry we never met, but welcome to the community!

(P.S. Charlotte is nice, my brother and sister-in-law are down there and we visit often)

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, I am the eldest son of the famous Doug Bethune. He is still over at Regent University now as Studio Supervisor for their Communication's School.

My wife and I love Charlotte, although we do miss Virginia and our family there.

Good to meet you.
Levi Bethune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:44 AM   #5
Trustee

Hey, Good to meet you too :)

And yes, definitely the "famous Doug Bethune" . . . your dad is a very talented and multi-faceted guy, and Regent (and CBN) is very lucky to have him around.

BTW, cool website, like the stuff you got up there, especially the virals.

Good to meet you too. Enjoy Charlotte!

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask (you can PM me if you want).

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood