East Texas! yes, I have all my teeth :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

East Texas! yes, I have all my teeth :)

Hello, all! I live in Tyler, TX about an hour east of Dallas! I love this area because it has a ton of possible shooting locations! The film industry is NOT very prominent out here so making a movie still produces the "WOW" factor. If you’re driving down the road in LA, Austin, or NY and see a guy with a camera, lighting equipment, and a crew it's really not that big of a deal. You might rubberneck a bit just to see if you recognize any famous actors, but that's about it. But, here in East Texas a guy with a camera, lighting equipment, and a crew is a spectacle!! Everyone in the production is treated like a "rock star" lol. PLUS scoring shooting locations is easy and FREE. Most business owners and general residents of this area are more than willing to help out in any way they can.... because film is a rare treat, here. However, it can be a curse too. Nobody here to collaborate with, no serious actors (aside from the theater class at the local college), A LOT of people with a construction background but no specific film production experience. But all that is fine. I just want to make movies! :)

I'm 25. I use a Cannon XL2, Home built 12' crane, dolly, and lighting rig. Anyone in the East Texas area want to collaborate?
Justin Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Ah, yes. I miss Texas! I hope to be back in Austin soon! My wife actually came from Tyler!

Best of luck with all your films!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM   #3
New Boot

Hey Justin, I'm in Whitehouse!

Lets get together sometime. I am in Whitehouse and have a very flexible schedule. I also use an XL2 as my main camera, but I keep an XL1 and GL2 as backups. I recently acquired a Firestore FS-4 HD and I have a Varizoom DV Media Rig Pro Stabilizer. I have ALOT of Digital Juice stuff if you ever want to "preview" anything. As you know, there are only a handful of media guys in this neck of the woods. I just moved here from California about 7 months ago, and I have only met ONE guy with a camera. It would be great to make that two! Im new to this forum so I dont know if I can send a private message, but if you can please send me your number and or email address so we can hook up!

Best Regards,

D.M. (Mike) Durbin
D.M. Durbin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood