DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Norway (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/110321-hello-norway.html)

Tor-Atle Kindsbekken December 15th, 2007 05:29 PM

Hello from Norway

Hi from Norway to everybody! :-)

First of all I have to thank you all for sharing so much interesting stuff in this great community :-)

The reaon why I ended up here is because I resently bought a old Canon XL1 camera and I wanted to find out all there is to know about this great camera. That's how I discovered the XL1 watchdog and ended up here ;-)

I am just a newbee with no ambitions of making it big in the industry. Video/film making is just an growing interest on a personal level for me. Until now I've just made some home movies of birthday parties, weddings, vacations and other private happenings... that kind of stuff... using my "terrible" Canon MV700i and I've edited them in Pinnacle Studio and resently in Adobe Premiere. As my interest is growing, I've found the limitations of the MV700i to anoying. Thats why I desided to buy an old XL1.

Even without any big ambitions, I do have a few ideas for some short movies that I really want to make one time in the future, just for fun. But I still have to learn some more basics first. So if anyone of you more experienced guys know of any really great books/articles that is a "must read" before making a "movie", I will really apreciate if you tell me about it :-) Especially books/articles about how to lighten scenes will be really apreciated :-)

I'm willing and learning... Living is learning... and I'm learning more and more every day... :-)

Thanks, and the best of luck to all of you ;-)

ciao

By the way; anyone from Norway in here?

Trond Saetre December 16th, 2007 07:23 AM

Hei Tor-Atle, welcome to DVInfo.
You have come to the right place!
You will find a lot of information here, and a good tip is the "search" function.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tor-Atle Kindsbekken (Post 793154)
By the way; anyone from Norway in here?

Yes, you find 4 of us hanging around in the UWOL forums, and I have noticed a couple of other Norwegians here at dvinfo too.

You might concider joining the uwol challenge if you are into nature/wildlife film, or the DV Challenge if you prefer the "acting" instead.

Tor-Atle Kindsbekken December 16th, 2007 09:24 AM

Hi Trond, and thanks for the reply :-)

I'm not really into nature filming so I guess the DV challenge is more suitable for me ;-) I guess I'll join it, but I will wait a while until I'm a bit more experienced ;-) Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Vegard Paulsen May 16th, 2008 05:33 AM

Hi Tor-Atle and Trond!
Ive been hanging around this forum for a year or three reading alot of threads, but just recently started replying and posting to the different subjects im involved with :)

Im trying to do my best in the uwol competition as well :)
Seems there are more and more Norwegians joining that comp!

Personally i love to shoot and edit movies of every kind and i work on several small and big productions beside my regular fulltime job :)

I usually shot with my Canon XH A1 but as everybody else in here im dreaming of going "Red" some day.

Youll find some of my work here.
www.soniq.no
Mostly eventvideos for clients so far, but things are changing ;)

Trond Saetre May 16th, 2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegard Paulsen (Post 878502)
Im trying to do my best in the uwol competition as well :)
Seems there are more and more Norwegians joining that comp!

Hei Vegard, yes the uwol "team vikings" are growing bigger, and that's very nice to see.
So far I use the Canon XM2, but hope to upgrade to the XH-A1 or even the XL-H1A.
Your uwol8 video was really cool.
See you next round.

Vegard Paulsen May 16th, 2008 05:45 AM

tnx alot :)

oh. if you have the choice of concidering h1 instead of a1, DO IT. hehe
i regret so badly that i didnt buy the h1 instead.

the reason is the change of optics!
The rest of it its almost the same, but when you are doing nature filming you really need a better zoom lens.

But the h1 has its limits as well.
filming in hdv is quite boring since the color compression is a bit crappy for nature pictures. but hey, it films in 1440x1080. much better than nothing!

anyways. there are probably 9000 people discussing this in other threads. hehe

good to think about anyways.

Per Johan Naesje May 16th, 2008 08:49 AM

Hi Tor-Atle, a quick replay from me too, and welcome to this community! I'm one of the uwol'ers that Trond mention.
I've owned a XL2 before the XLH1 which is my comcorder of today. I mighty beast with external lenses. Take a look at my website lot's of wildlifefilms!

Have a nice 17. mai to you all (Norway's constitution day)

Vidar Vedaa May 16th, 2008 10:47 AM

Hallo Tor Atle

Welcom to Dvinfo and a great place.You ask fore some tips
and I have a realy good one,ther is a book of Jarle Leirpoll VIDEO I PRAKSIS
find it on internet. Writen by a NRK produser,take you through hole proces.
Used by media student. And a good book.

VJV.

Arild Pedersen June 21st, 2008 10:33 AM

Hedmark

Hello!
Welcome Tor-Atle to dvinfo.net! I’m located in Elverum, Hedmark and consider myself as a senior. But I love making movies. Mostly documentaries, but I also like to do classics animations during winter season. In my latest documentary, the puppies showed up there as well. Try to save the nature, a kind of political documentary.
In the process of evaluating new camera gear, dvinfo is great. I’m moving from Sony DXC-series camcorders to PMW-EX3, when available. My back can’t handle the weight anymore. I like to shoot with DSLR’s too, often include stills in my film.
See you around!

Arnt Mollan June 22nd, 2008 01:15 AM

Hi Tor-Atle, and welcome. I live nearby Toensberg, and have been using this forum for many years. I have not so many posts myself, but here are room for everyone, and always someone to help when needed. I do commercials and nature with Sony cameras. Some of us have to be different. And mentioning that, I do not compete either. Not at this time anyway.

Welcome

Arnt