Hello from Sonoma County, CA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 27th, 2003, 02:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Sonoma County, CA

Hello, All.

I was an early visitor to the XL-1 Watchdog back in the days when the website was frame based. I really enjoy the forum.

I worked in the Hi-Tech industry (Silicon Valley) for several years. I started as a hardware/software instructor, then moved into sales force training through distance learning and web based training, and then on to technical writing and illustration.

I bought my XL-1 in '98 and used it for different projects here and there. In December of 2002 I decided to take a year off to concentrate on video production.

My current project is working with the Sonoma County Sheriff's Rescue Helicopter Unit. I film, edit, and package all of their live training exercises and have been able to do some interesting work with remote cameras on and inside the helicopter. I have also been onboard to film several rescues and air support missions that have turned out very well.

This unit has a compelling story that makes them unique among the other law enforcement aviation units in the country. My ultimate goal is to put together a package about the helicopter unit to sell to Discovery Wings. I'm a fan of the channel, but frankly "The History of the Luftwaffe" and "Flying Boats" are starting to get on my nerves.

You can see the site I created for the project at http://www.henry1.com. You can also see my hi-tech work related site at http://www.ericlian.com.

I prop up what I have left of my savings by doing a little writing, illustration, and web site renovation work, and by selling the equipment and software I no longer use on eBay.

I always have my eye out for interesting work. If you have some, please feel free to contact me.

-Eric
Eric Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2003, 08:53 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Wow, your henry1 site is pretty cool, Eric... very nice!

Nobody is supposed to remember the Watchdog as being frame-based!

I can certainly agree with you about DW's programming... they could really use your project, in my opinion. It's great to have you with us,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood