Hi from Connecticut at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 6th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Hi from Connecticut

Hey everyone! Alex here. Came to this site to get help with my camera issues. Looks like a fantastic place. I've been into film every since I was a little kid. Started out doing little things with a Canon Elura then upgraded to a GL2 and did some videography work for a local pro sports team. Then, in high school started a film production club and did lots of little projects with Final Cut Pro and the school's XL2. Well now I've got myself an AGDVX100 and I'm looking forward to making some movies! I'll be in India for most of this year doing an internship before college (gap year) and I'm looking forward to bringing my DSLR and AGDVX along. Then when I get back I'll probably be making automotive videos in my spare time as my true love is racing (Autocross and Road Course). Anyways, I hope I can become a valued member of the forum!
-Alex
Alexander Gerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Alexander,

Welcome to this wonderful forum! It's a great place to learn and share. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun soon! Be sure to get lots of video.

But, welcome to the forum from an old member and former H-Stock Champion of SCCA autocross!

Have fun!

Mike

PS: have dear friends in CT!

M
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the welcome Mike! Last year was my first taste of AutoX. I ran in Rookie Non-Stock and actually won a few events. I drive an Evo IX with minor mods (saving up for suspension). I will either run in STU or BSP next year. I've run at Lime Rock before and did Skip Barber last year. Addiction would be an understatement!
-Alex

Last edited by Alexander Gerson; February 7th, 2008 at 07:33 AM.
Alexander Gerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Gerson View Post
Thanks for the welcome Mike! Last year was my first taste of AutoX. I ran in Rookie Non-Stock and actually won a few events. I drive an Evo IX with minor mods (saving up for suspension). I will either run in STU or BSP next year. I've run at Lime Rock before and did Skip Barber last year. Addition would be an understatement!
-Alex
I think you meant addiction, but I certainly understand. I started with running around cones in parking lots and progressed to drag racing, stock car racing and so on. Remember, it's not what you run, it's how you run it! Started one season with an Fiat 850 Spider. Won the first two races but by the slimmest of margins. I then realized that my new Chevy Chevette was in the same class, H-Stock, so started driving that. Won every race that season! Had some "stock" tires made by Phoenix tires or something and they were a little softer, but still legal. I used to run faster than many of the Corvettes! They just had too much power to get it to the ground. My wife ran the car in the ladies class and won a few times too. We once wrote "SHEVETT" on the side for one race, that really burned them.

Anyway, welcome. I have some dear friends in Torrington!

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood