Howdy from Austin, Texas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 24th, 2003, 11:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

James,

There are many great resources here in Austin. ACAC and AMN are two you should check out. ACAC offers training and access to excellent gear. AMN offers a great place to display your work if you have any friends who would want a music video.

If you are more interested in dv/film making, there are organizations that can be great resources for that also.

Shoot me an email, I'd be happy to meet you for lunch sometime.

Martin
Martin Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:30 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Moving to Austin, Texas

Hi all,

I am moving to Austin Texas next weeks and would love to meet up with folks to work on shorts and other projects. I am moving from an area of the state that lacks any and all forms of film and look forward to being in a community of like minded folk. If anyone would like to meet over a beer at lovejoy's or perhaps the G&S or anywhere else, that would be great.

Dick Steele
806-441-4663
m.richard.steele@rareseedpictures.com
Dick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Texans?

I was just curious about the filmmaking life in Texas, specifically Austin. If you live in another city, please still feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance.
Lon Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Austin is a production hotbed. Always lots going on. I earned my degree at UT, loved every minute of going to school there. Will try to get you some links shortly.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #20
New Boot

I'd love to hear all about Austin Chris. I'm looking to move down there next summer and do film production (or anything, just want to get there). I've heard the market is slow there, but nothing beats the actual beat on the street.
Mark Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Austin Bound Also

Would love to hear about the city also. Not all about the production side of things, but the general quality of life down there. Will be visiting soon with my wife to check it out, hopefully setting up a move for late next year. I have three young ones and I hear it's a great place to raise a family.

The Film production opportunities would be a bonus, but I am an engineer in the computing business, so that's where I will be making my money. Jobs seem plentifull for that down there.

Really just wanted to get some people's impression of the area as a whole.

Thanks!
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Who's in Austin (or thereabouts)

I just looked up "Austin" and almost all of the hits about vids in Austin were a couple of years old. I'm sure there are a lot more Austin members out there now. I just wanted to revive the thread to see if we could exchange info about the climate in Austin.

Wondering if there is any interest in forming an Austin based association of some sort or if there is one already in existence.

I live in Cedar Park, work under contract to a major corp. I use an XL2 and Vegas.

I have previously worked as a musician, audio engineer, photographer, marketing manager, regional sales manager. I have a Cubase/Tascam FW-1082 Multi-Track recording setup.

I've worked as some version of "media" professional, off and on, for more than 30 years.

Web site: www.AdvancedMediaLab.com

- Jesse Redman
Jesse Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 06:00 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Other Videographers?

I was hoping to get responses from other videographers in the Austin area that visit DVi.
- Jesse
Jesse Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM   #24
Obstreperous Rex

Well, I'm thereabouts... south of Austin closer to San Marcos.

I'm up there whenever I get a hankerin' for some great live music. Continental Club is one of the great "still standing" joints that hasn't changed all that much... but I really miss the old Liberty Lunch.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:44 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I'm in Austin as well. I work for a local church (video post-production, live camera, that sort of thing) on a volunteer basis. . . we use the Canon XL-1.
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM   #26
DVi Contributor

I work and live, in Austin.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:14 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Austin

I live in Austin and work as an accounting manager for a local non-profit. Video is a hobby - I have an older Sony ccd-vx1000 and Adobe Premiere. Would love to upgrade to a Canon xl h1.

Don
Donald White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:36 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Video association in Austin?

Does anyone know of a networking association in the Austin area for videographers, and/or associated audio, lighting and editing groups?
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM   #29
DVi Contributor

Have you tried the Austin Film Society? they are a non-profit group that also supports other groups in the area. I am a member.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #30
Regular Crew

I have seen a couple of posts from Austin recently and wanted to revive this thread.

Hopefully, those of us around Austin can network and possibly help each other out.

I'm available as a 1st or 2nd camera (XL2), for FX, editor, sound or lighting.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood