Howdy from Austin, Texas - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 19th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #46
Major Player

This is my first year not going in a few. I actually work (and go) the festival usually, but can't make it back to Austin this year to help out.

My advice? Have fun and go to as many of the seminars you can. Be sure to sign up for the "roundtables" as soon as possible...when you register. Very cool thing where they have people talk with you at a table and then switch every 10 minutes or so. Nice one on one time with some good people. I met Paul Weitz (About a Boy, In Good Company, American Pie) that way...

Also, be sure to hang around the Driskel bar in the evening. This is where everyone goes after all the movies are done.

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Just got back, great festival. Everyone needs to see the movie "Special" if they have a chance. In my opinion it was the best movie of the festival.

Here is the link to the movie site.

http://www.specialthemovie.com/
Kris Galuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Howdy from Austin, TX

Hi all,

My name's Sean McCormick, I'm a long-time lurker-turned-member of this terrific resource. I hail from Austin, TX.

I'm currently a multimedia producer at a large textbook publisher and a freelance voiceover talent/producer. I'm also a drummer for a busy regional variety band.

I recently acquired Canon's HG10 and I've been enjoying puzzling through the new workflow issues.

I'm looking forward to sharing info with everyone here!

Take care,

Sean

seanmccormick.biz
Sean McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #49
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy Sean, welcome aboard. Lots of other CenTex / Austintonio folks on this site, but you probably knew that already. Nice to have you with us -- thanks for posting,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Thanks, Chris! Pleased to meet you. I appreciate your efforts on this site and I'm glad to be just down the road!

Sean
Sean McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #51
Major Player

Hey Sean, Also an Austinite, and believe it or not, have a friend who probably works at the same book publisher.

I've been using the Canon HV20 - the HG10... good camera, but I'm not sure I trust the workflow. 24p to Final Cut Pro is bad enough.

I'm making two indie documentaries - just finished filming Makers and I'm 29 days away from production on a big feature, Following Alexis West, which I'm traveling to New Zealand to film.
Brian Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Hiya Brian,

Nice to meet you. A lot of folks in Austin have been through our textbook meat grinder.

I'm occasionally an early-adopter kamikaze and the HG10 seemed like a challenge. I've gotten some good looking stuff after doing some Compressor fiddling.

Sounds like you're in the midst of some cool projects, good luck on the New Zealand shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyko View Post
Hey Sean, Also an Austinite, and believe it or not, have a friend who probably works at the same book publisher.

I've been using the Canon HV20 - the HG10... good camera, but I'm not sure I trust the workflow. 24p to Final Cut Pro is bad enough.

I'm making two indie documentaries - just finished filming Makers and I'm 29 days away from production on a big feature, Following Alexis West, which I'm traveling to New Zealand to film.
Sean McCormick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood