DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Bangkok, Thailand (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11547-hello-bangkok-thailand.html)

David L. Fisher July 2nd, 2003 09:08 PM

Hello from Bangkok, Thailand

Hello everyone,

I used to be in Los Angeles, involved in production, post-production, on-air promos and anything else they would let me do. I made my first 'DV' project on an XL1, a fundraising project for a non-profit. It was a great experience, having only used film for years and years. Having only used film for years, I was highly impressed by his capabilities and that was in my limited video experienced hands.

Fast forward: Now I'm living in Bangkok, where video is a hugely prominent production tool at all levels, so I am glad I gained some experience before getting here. I'm doiing a lot of corporate work at the moment, though I'm hoping to shift over to commericals and film projects soon. We are developing a budget for a film to shot using the XL1S (PAL) and utilizing the Mini35 lens adapter platform.

Anybody who ever decides to visit, drop me a line. Its a great place, but hot and at the present, wet as well.

Regards,
David Fisher

; had to use my middle name for the sign-up, but never go by it in real life

John Locke July 2nd, 2003 09:36 PM

Hi David,

Lucky guy! You're living in one of my favorite places. Bangkok looks the way a Texas boy imagines Asia should look like. So many other places in Asia have lost a lot of their culture due to westernization.

You've got great shooting locations everywhere you turn there. I hope you'll keep us posted on your projects and maybe post something for us to see from time to time.

(P.S. Just as a side recommendation... Koh Tao and Koh Pi Pi are great places--check 'em out if you get a chance)

David L. Fisher July 2nd, 2003 09:46 PM

Hey John,

Thanks for the shout. As a former Texas boy myself, Grand Saline, Texas A&M and then Los Angeles, it is exactly as you think. Hot and cool and beautiful.

Come visit some time

David

Chris Hurd July 7th, 2003 08:24 AM

David

Let me know if you want to change that to David L. Fisher.

Please keep us adsvised on your Mini 35 project -- we always like hearing about those!

Zac Stein July 7th, 2003 08:53 AM

David,

You know they say, "man who walks sideways at airport is going to Bangkok".

Hahah just kidding, i spent around 5 months there living in Koasan (sp?) Road, living as a bum tourist with a crazy bunch of israeli guys, drinking this stuff that can only be described as slightly off petrol. I had the time of my life, best of luck with your project.

And please always check if it's a woman.

Zac

Jim Sauza July 8th, 2003 06:11 PM

Boy ain't that the truth LOL. Welcome aboard. I have a couple of friends in Bankok David

David L. Fisher July 8th, 2003 08:42 PM

Bangkok

Thanks Guys,

Yes, we have had these discussions at length, both drunk and sober. We've decided we are going to get rich selling foreigners Instant Y Chromosone' tests.

Thanks for the welcome.

David

Scot Richards December 22nd, 2003 07:08 PM

Bangkok Shooting Opportunity

Hi,

I'm currently prototyping a unique, tourist-related media product in the UK. Once it's past the proof of concept stage I want to hit many of the world's tourist-oriented locations pretty hard. I'm looking for a videographer (PAL XL1)/editor partner in BKK. Would you be interested in discussing? I'll be in LOS in Feb/March. If so, please drop me a line at scot@london.com

Regards

Scot

Bob Safay December 29th, 2003 05:48 AM

I remember Bangkok from back in 1969! Now that was a place to remember.

Chum Lealayuwa May 3rd, 2004 10:25 AM

Good to know that u still alive and well

Thanks for turn me on about DV info Net. Now i am connect to the world .
Great
CHUM from BK
PS. Is anybody out there still used Sony VX1000 and Steadycam JR?