Hello from Oregon, a future wildlife documentarian at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Oregon, a future wildlife documentarian

Hello everyone, my name is Martin. I live in southern Oregon. I have been shooting and editing for about 4 years now. I took a multimedia class, fell in love with video, and now I own my own company. Galaxy Sailor Productions is a one person shop right now. I do mostly wedding videos but I hope to be able to film and edit environmental documentaries. My dream is to film and edit for National Geographic or Discovery Channel.

I have a Canon GL1 and a GL2 and I run everything on Premiere CS3. I am currently trying to learn After Effects.
Martin Vavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

how is Southern Oregon

How is Talent I miss it. I used to own the house that is on the road that goes in to the Middle school. I moved to Redmond, Oregon. Stay strong and hit the pavement in that market. No one will come to you there is way to many vido companies in that market. Do a Cheap doc on Pilot rock, or I always wanted to see if the city of talent would like a small doc. It is a cool little town in a big transition right now. I moved away just as they were building the new lights on Pac. Hwy. Who was your instructor?
Matt
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Matt. I live only four blocks away from your old house!

The market down here is saturated with a lot of cameras and lot of people but not always a lot of talent and a lot of well finished products. I do well with weddings for the time being. I hope to move to Portland soon and branch out. I think my ability to do AE is going to make a huge difference in the type of clients I can bring in!

Thanks for the hello!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood