i live near sacramento calif at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

i live near sacramento calif

have been doing video as a hobby with a little work now and then and have collected enough equipment to start my own production company use hvx200 and canon hv20 hd monitor from nebtek sound devices 722 for recording with scheops sennheiser and neumann mics a variety of lights both flos and tungsten use edius broadcast for editing with hd monitors letus 35mm adapter with seven nikor lenses etc etc anyway the point is simply this if anyone ever needs any help or equipment i will be happy to assist
Mark Viducich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Hiya Mark! I am about 70 miles north of you, in Paradise. I think I have what I need, but I will keep you in mind. and I am looking to broaden my horizons, if you need an assist with something, let me know.
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Major Player

ditto here... I'm in Modesto, an hour south of Sacramento.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi and welcome. I am in Sacramento and would be happy to assist if you ever need it. I can bring a Sony Z-1 to the camera mix.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #5
Major Player

If you guys ever make it over to the Bay Area shoot me an email!
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #6
Major Player

as long as I've got 4 dependable wheels I can get out anywhere in the area =-)
I've got a JVC110 setup though.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I'm in Elk Grove, Mark. Where exactly in the Sacto area?

What Letus adapter ?

I am working on a project in Elk Grove, as DP, on volunteer basis, and we are always looking for equipment and mind and bodies. This is a fantasy type piece. If interested, send me a PM.

We are shooting with HV20, FX1, and adapters, Letus35a, and self builts, moslty mine. Lot of self built lighting kits, and green screen. It is quite an undertaking as we are doing a lot of CG, and a green screen stuff.

Doing casting call this Sunday...
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #8
Major Player

Hmmm... sounds like we have enough members for a local group to share, learn and enjoy some commonality of interest. If not cinemagraphic assets, at least blood sweat, tears and experience.

Chris....I have some as yet untested Green screen "stuff" as well. Including flo lighting.

Last edited by Chris Swanberg; March 12th, 2008 at 11:36 PM.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Chris S, if you have any interest in getting involved in the project I talked about above, let me know.

Besides that, is anybody in this group interested in hooking up for a meet and greet sometime in the next month, for an exchange of ideas and stories, I'd be willing to set up that at my office here in Elk Grove
In my "real life" I am an attorney and have a place to get together near Mervyns in Elk Grove.
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #10
Tourist

Greetings from Stockton

Howdy to my Central Valley videographer friends-to-be. Drop by and see my home studio! (www.demellovideo.com).
Jeff DeMello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi folks,

I live in Folsom! I've shot (well, am still shooting) a short film, and I've met quite a few good people in the area. I've got a Canon XH-A1, a jib, some lights, a stereo lav mic, a homemade skateboard dolly and various other doo-dads. I also do editing on my PC with Sony Vegas.

There are also some people in this thread from around here, not sure how active they are in the forum:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=105750
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Hi Robert:

Mark Viducich and Chris Swanberg and I did hook up on a recent project shot a couple of weeks ago , (http://www.spectre-movie.com/) and I think Chris Swanberg and I are hooking up for a new shoot in the next two weeks. (DVChallenge in this forum.)
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:46 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

That sounds cool. I have been shooting with another local guy here who has an XH-A1. I'd like to get involved with any kind of shooting that is outside of business hours. I think we were planning on doing a 48-hour film challenge thing, when that comes around again. Let me know if you need more camera or lighting help.
Robert Hruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #14
Major Player

Chris B is probably too proper to mention it, but out little DV-13 submission (which I give HIM the biggest credit for) placed 3rd! Check it out.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood