Hello from Sunny SC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 6th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Sunny South Carolina

"Title edited"This is my first day here so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and give thanks for allowing me here. I posted in the Adobe forum and was told about your site by Nigel Moore. After looking around just this afternoon I can tell I have more than a lot to learn.
I was a State Trooper here in SC for 13 years and now work for BellSouth Telecommunications as a services tech. I have been working in Premiere for a little over a year and have thus far only made short music video's for my family and from the home videos. I recently made one for a end of the year event for our local Daycare center and enjoyed it so much I have decided to take it to the next level. I want to buy my first DV camcorder and start to produce promotional material for local business'. I hope before long I can become a contribuiting member.
Thanks again for having me.
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #2
Wrangler

Well thank you for joining us--welcome to DVInfo.net, Barry!

Be careful when using the abbreviation SC--the potential for confusion is great, especially on a board full of filmmakers. To a lot of DV types, the more common use of "Sunny SC" is to mean Southern California, i.e., Hollywood and its sordid surroundings...

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2003, 01:42 AM   #3
Wrangler

Funny, I thought the same thing when I read the title.

Still on the road, missing my sordid estate in sunny SC (the other one!)

Welcome, Barry.
Old July 7th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

I thought that was supposed to be SoCal, boys... to avoid confusion with the "real" SC, South Carolina (where I spent a semester at the "other" USC in Columbia). Welcome aboard, Barry!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #5
Wrangler

There's something Freudian for you, whichever team you root for.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #6
Capt. Quirk

I thought it to be SoCal too, as the last couple times thru SoCarolina was nothing but pouring rain! Either way, Welcome to the boards!
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #7
New Boot

In these parts the "other USC" is in Southern California.
Gayle Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:06 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Another "SC" resident

I'm also in South Carolina, and you're right we have dibs on the SC initial war IMHO. :P

I'm fairly new to this DV community as well. Currently, some friends and I are trying to put together stock footage along the coast for an upcoming homegrown video production that we plan to cast, shoot and edit in the fall.

The video project is going to be along the lines of a "mockumentary" along the lines of a lot of Christopher Guest's works and Michael Moore's movies (minus the politics). Right now, we have most of our locations lined up and are getting the releases signed as we speak, and are out filming the tourists hotspots during our free time on the weekends.

It's good to know there are other South Carolina video folks around to bouce ideas off of. :)
Old July 23rd, 2003, 03:47 PM   #9
New Boot

footage of giant peach in South Carolina

I am a South Carolina transplant living in New York now and would love some help from a fellow videographer still living in South Carolina. I was born in Greenwood, yep, that little town near nothing. Anyway, I am doing a short in which I would like to have footage of the giant peach. I can't think of the town it's in, but I know you know the one. Anyway, if anyone lives nearby and might be interested in grabbing some footage for me, please e-mail me back and we can get down to the details.

Many thanks!!

Lee Ann Hansen
leeannhansen@yahoo.com
Lee Ann Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:24 PM   #10
Regular Crew

The Peach

It is just off I-85 in Cherokee County. Near Gaffney SC. It is about 2 hours from me here just outside of Columbia. If I get up there, I will get what I can for ya. It is great to hear from others here in this fine state.

:D

Randy Brazell
Old July 23rd, 2003, 09:30 PM   #11
New Boot

giant peach video

I am doing a short "road trip" project which is a memory sequence. One of the images is a shot from a car window as car passes giant peach. It is a pov shot from passenger side. What kind of camera do you have? Not quite sure which camera I am going to be using for the other shots yet.

Thanks for the reply!

Lee Ann
Lee Ann Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2003, 07:30 PM   #12
Regular Crew

i'm from sc too.. i live in chapin right now.. right outside of columbia.. but in a week i'll be in school up in clemson..

nice to know theres other sc'ers on this board..
Ryan McCrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #13
Regular Crew

I too am glad to know there is someone close by I can compare notes with. Even if you do go to Clemson! LOL I am just picking at you. What are you taking in school?

Randy Brazell
Old August 8th, 2003, 06:40 AM   #14
Regular Crew

graphic communications. kind of bummed that they dont have any film stuff.. oh well..
Ryan McCrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #15
New Boot

another south carolinian!

i graduated from the other usc (columbia that is) and i am always looking for things to work on/people to work with. it's good that there are other people in this state who are do this stuff. :)
Jacky Schuler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood