DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Haasim Mahanaim July 12th, 2003 07:11 AM

20 (turning 21 in November)

Glen Elliott July 12th, 2003 09:10 AM

Man, the more that reply the more the demographic swawy towards upper 30's and above. Maybe us mid 20's and below are in the minority here!

Jeff Donald July 12th, 2003 10:05 AM

Just to keep that trend moving in the right direction . . . I'm 46 and I've been doing video and photography since 1979. Next month will make it 24 years in the business, more than half my life. Don, watch those No Hair remarks. I resemble those remarks, went grey at 17 and shaved off what was left 2 years ago.

Alexander McLeod July 12th, 2003 11:19 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Locke : Alexander,

So, is "Sandy" your nickname? Or does that mean you spent your 69th birthday on the beach?

Both. Sandy is a traditional Scottish nickname for Alexander plus I live in a man made harbor in Huntington Beach. I picked up the name Sandman tons of years ago when I was a beach rat and surfed a lot (originally on a wooden board, when men were men, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum).

And Keith, I think you're being too lenient. Make him stand in the corner. -->>>

Just point me where you want me to go and remind me when to come back. :-) Can I take my GL2?

K. Forman July 12th, 2003 11:29 AM

You are ok Sandy, it was Alex that was being punished :)

Aaron Rosen July 12th, 2003 11:45 AM

Jeff -

So your saying you started the year some of us were born? Good for you.

I learned something very important in the 4 yeras I worked as an Ambulance attendant:

The state of your hair is not so important... as long as you are around to comment on it. =)

Yes, 23 and have grey hair from some of the calls... FUN STUFF!

Jeff Donald July 12th, 2003 11:53 AM

I don't count the years I was in college (75-79), just the years getting paid for doing this stuff. Poor Alex K., I was already doing this for 10 years before he was born. But he'll be doing it long after I'm gone.

Joe Carney July 12th, 2003 01:43 PM

Jeff, similar age to you, but still have my hair (brown, sorta), and Just For Men works wonders. (wifes idea, but I like it).
Had to shave the beard though. Used to be red, now Santa Clause white with red streaks.

Nigel Moore July 12th, 2003 03:31 PM

I joined this wonderful forum at the age of 38 on 9 May, two days before my birthday.

Which, for the mathematically challenged in the audience, makes me 39.

Alexander McLeod July 12th, 2003 08:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : You are ok Sandy, it was Alex that was being punished :) -->>>

Whew................................ :-) (He deserved it!)

Chuck Mello July 13th, 2003 11:50 AM

26 & balding.

Ivan Hedley Enger July 13th, 2003 04:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Rik Sanchez : 38

but like my friend told me, you don't reach your prime until your 40's -->>>

I have just reached 43, and you are sooo right Rik!

Ivan

Katherine Sullivan July 22nd, 2003 10:33 AM

average age

I'm 22, female. Love films.

Matt Stahley July 22nd, 2003 03:08 PM

FWIW I'm 28 starting to thin out on top and share my b-day with the King Elvis Presley whom i'm not a big fan of unless his picture is on velvet.

Jim Sauza July 22nd, 2003 05:37 PM

Ill be 60 next month, and have all my hair and still act and feel like a kid thankyou very much (Just a little gray around the edges from raising two girls).