DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Dragos Stefan July 8th, 2013 01:42 AM

Re: DV-info members average age?

let me see ....1,2,3,.........,23,24,25 :)

Reuben Muldrock July 17th, 2013 04:45 AM

34 with more in store :-)

Doug Thompson July 17th, 2013 04:56 AM

I guess at 65, I'm still one of the old farts around here. Am I slowing down? God, I hope not. Had to take a few months off last fall when I had to lay my motorcycle down to avoid hitting a black cow on a dark mountain road late at night but after 54 days in the hospital and several months of rehab I'm back behind the camera and putting in long hours at the editing console.

Gearing up to shoot four days of a music festival near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia next week plus scheduled work on a documentary on the crystal meth problem. I don't feel old...yet.

Peter Adler August 28th, 2013 07:18 AM

Doug, way to go! Great story and good to hear you got over that awful accident. Off-topic, but do you still ride your motorcyle? A little less off-topic, can you transport your camera and some gear on it? I find that I can just squeeze a Strut DVT-4 video case in the space on the saddle between myself and the rear topcase of my Vespa scooter...

I will turn 46 very soon - am from the autumn of 1967, same time as Volkswagen introduced a new version (Mk2) of their "breadloaf" transporter which you occasionally still see in the streets :-)

Doug Thompson August 28th, 2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Adler (Post 1810252)
Doug, way to go! Great story and good to hear you got over that awful accident. Off-topic, but do you still ride your motorcyle? A little less off-topic, can you transport your camera and some gear on it? I find that I can just squeeze a Strut DVT-4 video case in the space on the saddle between myself and the rear topcase of my Vespa scooter...

I will turn 46 very soon - am from the autumn of 1967, same time as Volkswagen introduced a new version (Mk2) of their "breadloaf" transporter which you occasionally still see in the streets :-)

Peter: Not cleared to get back on the Harley just yet. Last MRI showed lessons and scarring from the TBI (traumatic brain injury) that I suffered and I'm still trying to get the leg that was broken badly back up to full speed. I hope to. And, yes, I do transport my cameras on the bike. I use a Sportsman bag with padding from a Lowepro bag that I gutted to protect the cameas. I was coming back from an assignment to shoot a high school championship football game when I laid the bike down. The bag, strapped to the luggage rack, never touched the pavement and the cameras (a Canon 5D MKII and 7D) and the lenses were fine. In retrospect the cameras came out far better than I or the bike.

Doug

Craig Chartier August 31st, 2013 10:21 PM

old enough to need readers when at this site.

Chris Geiger September 3rd, 2013 11:24 PM

50 years old for me. Started out with video in the 6th grade editing, videos with Sony AV 3650 Recorder. It was one of the first color VTR's on the market.

Geoff Tirrell May 22nd, 2014 10:18 AM

33 for me... ouch had to double check that one. Started as a senior in High School running tapes and various other PA duties on a local multi camera sports truck, and crawled my way up from there.

Bryan Quarrie May 22nd, 2015 01:47 AM

40 for me - 41 next month :)

J.M. Read November 11th, 2019 04:31 AM

I'm 75, my life really took off when I retired, having the time to do what I want is great.

Doug Thompson November 11th, 2019 05:26 AM

Finally, someone older than me. I'm 71 now but turn 72 next month.

J.M. Read November 11th, 2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Thompson (Post 1954722)
Finally, someone older than me. I'm 71 now but turn 72 next month.

You'll soon catch up Doug :-)

Dave Baker November 11th, 2019 07:44 AM

I'd better join the club, I'm 73!

Paul R Johnson November 11th, 2019 08:04 AM

61 at the moment, and just starting to feel it!

Paul Mailath November 16th, 2019 02:32 AM

I stopped reading all the posts - made me feel old
"will you still need me, will you still feed me.."