DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Orlando FL people: help me answer this ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/119394-orlando-fl-people-help-me-answer.html)

Mary Angelini April 14th, 2008 02:24 PM

Orlando FL people: help me answer this ?

I am looking to rent or buy a camera and equipment locally. Does any one know of a video camera store in Central FLorida? I am willing to travel!!

Thanks

Shawn Grage April 18th, 2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Angelini (Post 860286)
I am looking to rent or buy a camera and equipment locally. Does any one know of a video camera store in Central FLorida? I am willing to travel!!

Thanks

Mary, I believe that one of the best stores in Orlando is Colonial Photo and Hobby on Mills just off Colonial Blvd (Hwy 50). Here is there website
http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/

Gian Pietri April 18th, 2008 01:51 PM

Living in central Florida I find myself ordering all of my camera equipment from online stores, most of the camera stores I have gone into around here are overpriced tourist shops that charge $10 or more per minidv tapes. A few times I have gone to Ritz Camera across from the Florida Mall on SandLake, but mostly for items I cannot wait to have shipped.

Shawn Grage April 18th, 2008 03:48 PM

I too order a lot, but since Mary asked for a store I figured she knew about the chain type stores. I think Colonial Photo and Hobby is a good store that is not part of a chain.

James Harring April 19th, 2008 03:14 PM

MiniDV Tapes

I just go to costco in Tampa and buy my tapes there. BJ's Wholesale also has tapes, works out to about $2.50 each for Sony or TDK. I know you have at least a Costco over there, don't you?

Eric Shepherd April 19th, 2008 03:26 PM

Yeah there's a Costco on University, one in Altamonte Springs, and one on John Young in South Orlando.

The 8 pack of TDK miniDVs they sell is a great deal, it keeps getting cheaper too. But the 10 pack is a ripoff (well compared to the 8, still better than other places).

Mary, I might be interested in renting my Canon XL2 and Lowel lights and Sennheiser wireless audio gear if it would help you out.

Eric

Mike Teutsch April 19th, 2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Angelini (Post 860286)

Thanks

Mary,

Please be more specific on what you are looking for. Options could run from Walgreen's or Circuit City to nothing available locally.

Let us know what camera/cameras you are looking to find.

Thanks---Mike

Makoto Schoppert April 20th, 2008 06:04 PM

I have also had a hard time finding any stores that specialize in video equipment here in Orlando.

All the video equipment that I have been able to find is geared towards the consumer, and haven't been able to find professional grade.

If you live near University Blvd., you can probably ask around at Full Sail or UCF.

Colonial Photo and Hobby only specializes in still photography, although I was able to find a nice carrying bag for my Canon XHA1, but that's about the only thing I could find there that is useful for video cameras.

Bruce Reynolds April 23rd, 2008 11:00 PM

Store in Orlando area to rent equip

I'm Bruce Reynolds and am president of Professional Videographers of Central Florida and we use when needed Sam Tek in Orlando to rent cameras, tripods, mikes ect. He also gives PVCF members a discount on rental and repair of our equipment. His number is 407-679-4699. If you would like to attend a PVCF meeting, you don't have to be a professional to attend, as we try and help share knowledge with everyone, we met the last tuesday of each month at Full sail the film school at 7pm, see our website www.pvcf.org
for more info or call me at 407-339-4998

James Harring May 2nd, 2008 03:32 PM

Costco TDK MiniDV Tapes dirt cheap

8 pack $1.25 per tape, 10 Pack $2.50 per tape.
Go figure on pricing... Brandon FL Costco.I am using these and Sony plain old tapes with very only one glitch in over 100 hours of camcorder runtime.