Hello from Calgary Alberta at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Calgary Alberta

Hi, my name is David Smith and I became interested in video about 5 years ago through other hobbies. I primarily white water kayak, canoe, and fish. I was always taking still pictures of our white water adventures or someone holding a fish. It really was just never enough, no action, no sound, you could look at a picture, tell a story and that was it. Then I was watching one of those outdoor fishing shows and thought “ I can do that “ and let the video tell the story. I knew absolutely nothing about DV, audio, bit rates, rendering, color balance, you name it I didn’t know it. A computer was something to keep balance sheets, send e-mails, store pictures on, and play games. Anyway, armed with good intentions and a small DV camera I set out to capture the moment, boy let me tell you that it’s been a learning experience, hardly a day goes by that I don’t learn something new, discover a technique, or an article I must read. Now I’m more concerned with stabilizing the camera, back ground lighting, noise, and subject placement, horizon, editing, then any of hobbies that got me into DV in the first place. So it’s a hobby, not a profession, I just want to make my videos as enjoyable as possible for everyone to watch, and not bore friends to death with endless hours of the blurry family vacation. If anyone could recommend a beginners level audio book(s) it would be greatly appreciated.
DCR-HC30, SR7, Vegas Studio 8.
David Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #2
New Boot

Good to see yet another from Calgary, hope your still around :(
Jay Fensom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood