DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   An old friend comes back to DVinfo... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/121073-old-friend-comes-back-dvinfo.html)

Christopher C. Murphy May 6th, 2008 10:20 PM

An old friend comes back to DVinfo...

You can knock me down, but don't count me out. All those years of watching Rocky while growing up paid off..

Many years ago I joined DVinfo and participated in the forums heavily from around 2001-2005. I was one of the original adopters of the JVC JY-HD10 - first one to buy in NH! Then...life crashed hard. (I'm staying single for the rest of my life.)

It's all history.

So, I'm back after over 2 years of re-building my life. Not only am I back...I'm better than ever. I've been stripped down to bare essentials. Back to basics. I have all the experience from the past, but I'm starting over fresh.

I just moved back to Los Angeles, so if anyone happens to need a grunt...a coffee boy, or a professional camera operator, audio mixer....I'm your guy. Any LA crew out there? I'll work for free just to network on any project.

Back in the old days I remember participating in the forums with the likes of Charles Papert (fellow Boston bad boy!), Heath McKnight and Frederic Haubrich. I'm not even sure who's around anymore? I'll have to go check the archives.

Again, I'm back and here to stay! ;)

Thanks,
Chris

Wade Spencer May 6th, 2008 11:03 PM

Welcome back. Hope getting back into it works well.

Lorinda Norton May 6th, 2008 11:26 PM

Hey, I remember you! :)

Hi Chris,
Glad you’re back and “better than ever.” You’ve been missed, so jump right in!

Christopher C. Murphy May 7th, 2008 12:06 AM

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

Chris Soucy May 7th, 2008 12:57 AM

Hi Chris..........

From a DVinfo "new timer" to an "old timer", welcome back, and more power to you for it.

Hope you enjoy.

Good luck.

CS

Charles Papert May 7th, 2008 02:58 AM

Welcome back Chris (from the NE transplant to LA posse)!

Chris Li May 7th, 2008 07:04 AM

We've saved your favorite seat for you at the bar.

Ethan Cooper May 7th, 2008 07:42 AM

I remember that name from long ago. Welcome back to the forum.

It's funny, but I always imagined that if I had problems of the type you've experienced that I'd get a dog and sailboat and never be heard from again. Glad you decided to do the opposite.

Christopher C. Murphy May 9th, 2008 02:09 AM

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the warm welcome back!

Charles, I finally saw Session 9. That's a creepy movie and I know the whole area where you shot it! You heard of the huge fire they had there right?

Ethan, if I could have gotten a dog and sail boat I would have, but my 2 cats wouldn't have liked that.