DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   ok, I'm a little late...but hello from "snowy" buffalo! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/129072-ok-im-little-late-but-hello-snowy-buffalo.html)

Andy Pronobis August 31st, 2008 10:24 AM

ok, I'm a little late...but hello from "snowy" buffalo!

Hi everyone. been lurking a long time, just started posting (A few so far).

Hello, my name is Andy, and I'm a gearaholic.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

I'm a professional AV guy (Infocom CTS and all) and do corporate, educational, industrial, and medical imaging, AV integration, and automation with a lean towards video conferencing. It's an interesting job, to say the least.

I dont have great gear... A Sony DXC3000A frankensteined into a "DV" camera (obviously without the tape!) that I inherited (along with the power box breakout thingy, and the CCU) and an old sony digital8 camera as my B/location cam. I try not to let it slow me down though. It's amazing how you learn to bodge and adapt when you dont have the right tools for the job. I've been a tinkerer all my life though so I find trying to make something work jsut as interesting (if not MORE interesting) than actually filming what it is I'm working on.

I've got an ATES943C lav and an AT8035 shotgun that I run with a Mackie 1202 micro mixer.

I'm constantly adding and subtracting and my goal is to get my stuff to fit into a suitcase (a studio in a suitcase if you will). I'm just trying to find the right suitcase. Not as easy as you'd think. Basically I have no spare money (7 month old baby=expensive as all get out) so I'm one of those super low budget types at the moment (or no budget, or negative budget, or I'm going to lose a kidney at this rate budget).

I like outdoor/nature documentary stuff but a few friends and I are working on some short spoof news type stuff that hopefully will be interesting to at least 3-5 people around the world. All for global release! (ok, on the interweb... that's global, right?) I did somewhere around 15 shows that actually made it onto TV when I was in college with a 5 person team (I don't even want to say crew really...we were all on level playing fields and all did all the jobs....there were only 5 of us!) which really taught me the basics of what was needed, but I'm forever learning and evolving and just when I think I've got something figured out a wrench gets thrown in that makes me have to rethink and relearn. I really like that aspect, I'm a nerd at heart and a glutton for knowledge.

I have to say, I really love the way this board is run and the people here are amazing to listen to. I learn something every day and hope to learn much much more and hopefully contribute as well.

Thanks to everyone for making this one of my favorite daily stops on the net.

--Andy P