DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Alive and kicking in Antioch, Ca (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/129174-alive-kicking-antioch-ca.html)

David C. Davis September 1st, 2008 07:45 PM

Alive and kicking in Antioch, Ca

Hello,

New here to the forum. Looking to see if there are any folks with like interest in the Antioch, Pittsburg or Brentwood area.

David

Garrett Low September 3rd, 2008 10:10 AM

Hi David and welcome to a great site. Not from Eastern CC County but I work in Oakland and have a martial arts school in Concord.

What do you shoot with and what types of projects are you into?

Garrett

David C. Davis September 5th, 2008 11:31 AM

Antioch

Well, after many years on the side line I decided to purchase some equipment and get up to speed on the video scene now. I'm joining up with the ScaryCow video club out of SF this month. Need to meet and hook up with people with the same interest. Like to get commercial and make some money if possible in the near future.

I've got a Canon XHA1, light kit, green screen set up, and a couple of mics with a Mackie mixer for hardware.

On the software side I got Vegas Pro 8, Sony Cinescope, After Effects, FXhome Vision lab, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Right now I'm just taking the camera out to get used to it. Not working on any projects at the time but looking forward to it.

David

Garrett Low September 5th, 2008 11:54 AM

Hey David,

Sounds cool. I signed up with ScaryCow too. They haven't notified me yet of their next meeting but I'm looking forward to it. I've been doing mostly small festivals and recitals, capture and edit. I also have done some freelance camera work which is a great way to get a lot of good experience. I do it as a hobby but the few projects I do help to pay for the numerous "toys".

My goal is to learn as much as I can about both film making and someday make a documentary. I'm sure we'll meet up somehow as I've discovered this is a pretty small community of video nuts.

Garrett

Axel Scheffler September 6th, 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Low (Post 929740)
Hey David,

They haven't notified me yet of their next meeting but I'm looking forward to it.

Garrett

Garrett, check their webpage, there are some new dates ready.
Since I never received a conformation for my registration I had no clue that I have to sign in and book a meeting on a particular date. So my Sunday September 14th is gone :-(

Axel, San Jose

Garrett Low September 6th, 2008 10:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up Alex. I'll go check it out today.

Garrett

David C. Davis September 6th, 2008 11:38 PM

Alive & Kicking - Scary Cow

I got Sunday 14th booked for 1pm. Looks like the new season starts in October. What type or subjects where you looking to do for documentaries? Any ideas of sources for funding?

DD

Garrett Low September 11th, 2008 01:02 AM

Hey David,

I'm going to the meeting on the 25th. can't wait.

I haven't had any time to really develop anything concrete yet. And, being totally new to the whole process I dont' think I'd even know where to start. I've just kicked around a couple of ideas for a short or a docu.

Looking forward to meeting you guys eventually,

Garrett

Rich Wells October 11th, 2008 10:43 AM

Scary Cow is great!

If you are in the SF Bay Area, be sure and check it out. They screen your work every three months (just happened Oct 5), and this Sunday (Tomorrow, Oct 11) is the pitch meeting for the next round. These are working people who shoot movies on weekends. It's a great group. All levels of experience are welcome. 58 films made so far. 150 members. Scary Cow Productions - the indie film co-op

Jay Kavi November 4th, 2008 10:37 PM

Just saying hey from Oakland. I've been curious about scary cow. Can you guys give a report when things get rolling?

Jay