Alive and kicking in Antioch, Ca at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM   #1
New Boot

Alive and kicking in Antioch, Ca

Hello,

New here to the forum. Looking to see if there are any folks with like interest in the Antioch, Pittsburg or Brentwood area.

David
David C. Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi David and welcome to a great site. Not from Eastern CC County but I work in Oakland and have a martial arts school in Concord.

What do you shoot with and what types of projects are you into?

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #3
New Boot

Antioch

Well, after many years on the side line I decided to purchase some equipment and get up to speed on the video scene now. I'm joining up with the ScaryCow video club out of SF this month. Need to meet and hook up with people with the same interest. Like to get commercial and make some money if possible in the near future.

I've got a Canon XHA1, light kit, green screen set up, and a couple of mics with a Mackie mixer for hardware.

On the software side I got Vegas Pro 8, Sony Cinescope, After Effects, FXhome Vision lab, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Right now I'm just taking the camera out to get used to it. Not working on any projects at the time but looking forward to it.

David
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Trustee

Hey David,

Sounds cool. I signed up with ScaryCow too. They haven't notified me yet of their next meeting but I'm looking forward to it. I've been doing mostly small festivals and recitals, capture and edit. I also have done some freelance camera work which is a great way to get a lot of good experience. I do it as a hobby but the few projects I do help to pay for the numerous "toys".

My goal is to learn as much as I can about both film making and someday make a documentary. I'm sure we'll meet up somehow as I've discovered this is a pretty small community of video nuts.

Garrett
Old September 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post
Hey David,

They haven't notified me yet of their next meeting but I'm looking forward to it.

Garrett
Garrett, check their webpage, there are some new dates ready.
Since I never received a conformation for my registration I had no clue that I have to sign in and book a meeting on a particular date. So my Sunday September 14th is gone :-(

Axel, San Jose
Axel Scheffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks for the heads up Alex. I'll go check it out today.

Garrett
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #7
New Boot

Alive & Kicking - Scary Cow

I got Sunday 14th booked for 1pm. Looks like the new season starts in October. What type or subjects where you looking to do for documentaries? Any ideas of sources for funding?

DD
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #8
Trustee

Hey David,

I'm going to the meeting on the 25th. can't wait.

I haven't had any time to really develop anything concrete yet. And, being totally new to the whole process I dont' think I'd even know where to start. I've just kicked around a couple of ideas for a short or a docu.

Looking forward to meeting you guys eventually,

Garrett
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Scary Cow is great!

If you are in the SF Bay Area, be sure and check it out. They screen your work every three months (just happened Oct 5), and this Sunday (Tomorrow, Oct 11) is the pitch meeting for the next round. These are working people who shoot movies on weekends. It's a great group. All levels of experience are welcome. 58 films made so far. 150 members. Scary Cow Productions - the indie film co-op
Rich Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #10
Major Player

Just saying hey from Oakland. I've been curious about scary cow. Can you guys give a report when things get rolling?

Jay
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood