DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hi From Sydney - looking for helpers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/129247-hi-sydney-looking-helpers.html)

Chris Callaghan September 2nd, 2008 11:03 PM

Hi From Sydney - looking for helpers

I would like anyone interested in helping on a multi-cam music video shoot happening in the Blue Mountains in early November 08 to contact me. This is unpaid, and is for a really interesting project.

Andrew Wheatley September 3rd, 2008 02:54 AM

Hi Chris,

I am in Sydney might be interested...

What are you shooting on?

Andrew

Chris Callaghan September 9th, 2008 08:48 PM

Hi Andrew,
We will be using a variety of cameras, all mini DV.
There will be a Canon HV20, Sony HVR-A1p, a few Canon SD cameras, etc.
It will be widescreen.
I'll be editing on Vegas 8, with a core 2 Quad.

Andrew Farrell September 10th, 2008 07:27 PM

Any more details about the project itself Chris? I'm at Penrith so the Mountains are only minutes away.

Chris Callaghan September 15th, 2008 06:25 PM

Hi Andrew,
We are filming the Rhythm Hunters at Jenolan caves, but looking for more cameras
Check the youtube from last year bushtrailer

Chris

Chris Callaghan October 8th, 2008 05:45 PM

Hi all, The date for the concert is Sat 22nd Nov 2008.
It will be in the Grand Arch at Jenolan Caves in the Blue Mountains 2 hours west of Sydney.
Contact me if you want to be part of this event, Chris

Peter James October 24th, 2008 07:32 PM

Hi, I am in Sydney. Have a Canon XL1S & XL2, tripods, LCD field monitors, etc. I would be interested if the day is free, not sure yet, too far into the futire at the moment.

I am still a learner so you would need to be able to make sime technical recommendations on the shoot.

Cheers

Peter
0406-181000

Chris Callaghan October 29th, 2008 01:18 AM

Hi Peter and Andrew,
Thanks both of you for your response, I've spoken with Peter and he is still sorting out his availability. Since the concert is an evening event, finishing around 9:30pm Saturday night, you might consider making a weekend of it and going home in the morning. It's about 2.5 hours back, so could end up a late night. Again, to repeat myself, this is a volunteer thing, and you wouldn't be paid, only given credits. If andrew wants to leave a message, or contact me thru the forum, that would be great.

Andrew Wheatley October 29th, 2008 02:11 AM

Hi Chris

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Things have been very busy.

Unfortunately I am all booked up that weekend (actually already got 3 bookings on the Saturday).

It looks like a fun gig, best of luck with the shoot Chris.

I love the caves and having never shot in them before it would have been kind of cool.

Good Luck

Andrew

Chris Callaghan October 31st, 2008 04:29 PM

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your interest, glad to hear you are busy with other projects.