DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Phoenix, Steve at The Corporate Show (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/13282-phoenix-steve-corporate-show.html)

Steven Digges August 14th, 2003 10:20 PM

Phoenix, Steve at The Corporate Show

Ok, this introduction is long overdue; I have been registered here since October 2002. I thoroughly enjoy this site and the professional standards it upholds.

I own a small audio visual production company called The Corporate Show. The primary focus of TCS is technical direction and imaging for the corporate convention market. Our services include video, audio, lighting, data and video projection, still photography, and PowerPoint. I am based in Phoenix, Arizona but about 70% of my work is on the road.

Much of the video work I do is live-image-magnification. It used to be all Beta Cams but now we use digital systems just as often (my XL1 gets used a lot for things other than I-Mag). The usual set up is 2 or 3 cameras with a live switch, isolation recording for each camera and a program record deck to document the event and minimize post for the master tape. The live video is projected onto large screens so the audience can see the action on the stage. I love doing work for a live audience even if it is just corporate stuff. I still operate cameras but my favorite position is calling the shots and operating the live switch.

My roots are in still photography. I have been shooting professionally since 1987. I still do some sports, editorial, and advertising work but the majority of the stills are corporate these days. As a photojournalist I covered everything from the Winter Olympics (1992) for the US Ski Team to the Sundance Film Festival (1993) as the photographer for the Japanese press pool.

Many of you that frequent this site are much more technically proficient than I am. Keeping up with all of the technology in the whole audio visual arena can be difficult sometimes. I find advice and inspiration here. I have been making images for my living for so long I have lost some of the joy of doing it just for fun and the sake of pure art. At this site I find people who are passionate about shooting and it is motivating me to get the gear out and shoot, just because I want to. One of these days I will make a creative short just to see what I can create! I’m sure it will be a sobering experience.

For anyone that is interested you can learn more about me and my company by clicking on my web button or visiting www.corporateshow.com . There is a video services page, a photography services page, and a photo gallery (mostly old sports images). My true art work is not there, I try to keep it customer specific.

A big thank you to all of you who have responded to my posts, I plan on sticking around here and reaping all the benefits of such a great community. I will also respond and offer my 2 cents worth of advice when I feel it is appropriate.

Steve

Rob Lohman August 15th, 2003 09:28 AM

Thank you for the introduction, Steven! Much appreciated. It's
a bit "late" to say welcome, but good to have you aboard!