DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from Wheeling, IL~! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/134063-greetings-wheeling-il.html)

J.J. Kim September 22nd, 2008 08:55 PM

Greetings from Wheeling, IL~!

Hello, ya'll.
My name is JJ Kim from Wheeling, IL (northwest of Chicago, not too far), and I just opened up my own video production 1 year after moving to Chicago from Boston.
I had some visa trouble at Boston (it's extremely difficult for foreigners to get work visa these days...), so I decided to make small investment to open up my video production house. It's been about 3 years since I graduated from Norwich Univ. in VT and I have been freelancing some in Boston, some in Chicago. I am very excited to start on my own, and scared at the same time. I have report to Immigration every 2 years how well I do in order to renew my visa... 2 months has passed since I opened up but haven't had enough time to go out on sales and meet people due to work from my freelancing job prior to opening mine.
I own Canon XH-A1 and Sacthler Tripod. Running on Adobe CS3 Suite on HP PC.
Once my brouchure comes out this week, I am gonna start going out and spread words out. I am targeting business, non-profit, schools and wedding, etc. Pretty much anything related to video. I would love to expand my ability to be producer and good with After Effect beyond videographer/editor.
I have to thank everyone in this community since I've received so much, so much help from this website.
Man, I wrote too much, just wanted to say 'hi', but it ended a little longer than I planed, sorry!
Once I get some work, I might need some 2nd camera person for multi cam shoot, so if you are interested in joining me for Orange fresh journey, visit my company's website @
Orange Video Production - Welcome to Orange Video Production!
Since I've never done any website building before, so it looks pretty simple and not-ready, but I will build it better soon and have some more exciting and interesting videos and flash there.
Thank you!

JJ

Don Bloom September 22nd, 2008 09:09 PM

Hi JJ and welcome to the best board on the net.
I'm not far from you in Hoffman Estates. good luck to you in your venture and maybe we'll see each other around.

Don

J.J. Kim September 23rd, 2008 03:03 PM

Thanks, Don.
I was reading "Turnaround time" thread in Wedding videographers for last 1.5 hours... feel exhausted after reading the whole argument! I was just wondering what thread you commented on and started and i ran into that thing... Glad it's kinda over now...
You sound very kind yet professional.
Thank you for your welcome!

JJ

Philip Gioja September 24th, 2008 10:48 AM

Yeah, you're in the right place online. Good luck in Illinois - sometimes it's like pulling teeth, but you can't beat the people here. If you ever need some help with anything, let me know.