Representing Juneau Ak at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 26th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Representing Juneau Ak

I've been crawling over this site for almost a year now & I just now found this 'Introduce Yourself' thread... thought I'd make use of it. Hello! (Afterthought- got a little windy here. Sorry.)

After reading around, I find it funny how much I fit into some of the 'newbie' stereotypes/cliches there seem to be. For instance, I was reading about how 'they' always want the best but end up buying something cheaper. Yeah. I've been itching for an A1 since I started reading the DVInfo site; not gonna happen for a while. And the fully stocked Mac Pro? An iMac is starting to sound great right now.

I'm 24, and just starting on my "career" w/ video. I've always been interested in movies and have been writing screen stories (no real finished/published "scripts") since high school. While I love writing & the editing process, "ultimately I'd like to direct". ;) Just kidding. But not really. Unfortunately I fall into that cliche as well.

I just got impatient & bought a HV30 kit from B&H. It was kind of a "Chicken or the Egg..." situation... "Do I buy a mac first or get my camera first?" I did the stupid thing & got the camera, and now I can't capture or play w/ any of the footy, which cancels out my logic of 'well at least Ill get to practice w/ the camera until I get the mac' for getting the camera first. AND NOW I FEEL SUPER STUPID because I dont think Ill ever save up enough for a mac because I just want to keep buying toys for the camera! I just bought Ty's Audio Book, so I'll wait until I get that before I go crazy w/ recorders and whatnot. For now I sulk in the Apple Store's Refurbished section.

Thanks for reading, and thanks ahead of time for hearing & helping me out.

Will
William James Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sorry Mikko, I'm an A-Hole

I don't know what I was thinking by putting in "representing juneau ak" the title... that was retarded. I'm just trying to figure everything out... just got a HV30. You should give me some hints as to where you shop/ S. Franklin st. backdoor shops you might know of, or any projects going on in town. Thanks

Will Ryan
William James Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Major Player

Wow does that make 3 of us from Juneau on this site? :-)
Welcome to the great world of DVinfo! If you are interested I can use an assistant on
random commercial/corporate/wedding/whatever pays the bills shoots on occasion.
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood