DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Looking for a new place to live... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/13525-looking-new-place-live.html)

Victor Muh August 20th, 2003 11:06 AM

Looking for a new place to live...

I looking for a new flat in Paris, France or even in the Basque Country (France or Spain) or in Landes if it's near the ocean.

My tastes are simple. I'm looking for a studio or a 1-bedroom. If it's in Paris, it should be in the 10th, 15th or central.

Thanks!

Dylan Couper August 20th, 2003 02:35 PM

Oh move to Vancouver allready, you know you want to! ;)

Frank Granovski August 20th, 2003 02:44 PM

You can camp year round in Vancouver. And if you find the right spot, it's free. One good spot is in the woods at Wreck Beach. Or you can set up shop in one of the tent cities---cropping up all over the downtown eastside. :)

Victor Muh August 21st, 2003 07:55 AM

You know I'd love to live in Vancouver!

It's beautiful.
The locals are friendly.
The seafood is absolutely delicious.
It's healthy.
It's close to nature.
There's surf!
I do my audio mixing there.
I plan to do my tape-to-film transfers there.

Problem: The water's too cold for my tropical blood.

Adrian Douglas August 21st, 2003 08:44 AM

I don't know about you Victor but the waters around Barittz, Hossegor, and Mundaka are pretty bloody chilly, nice waves though. My vote is for Australia's Gold Coast, not only because it's my home town but because it's got warm clean water, awesome sandbottom barrels and your right next door to Warner Bros studios for landing jobs on productions.

Victor Muh August 21st, 2003 03:43 PM

Awww, you'd be surprised how warm the water gets in France during the summer.

Besides, do you really want another Seppo hogging up your waves;-)?

Frank Granovski August 21st, 2003 04:38 PM

"Problem: The water's too cold for my tropical blood."

I agree. I prefer Lake Winnipeg water, Lake Manitoba water and Lake of the Woods water. Too bad I was banished from there and forced to live 3 blocks from Kits Beach, 30 blocks from Wreck Beach. :(

Adrian Douglas August 21st, 2003 07:40 PM

Yeah Frank,

There's nothing like carving yourself a stationary wave out of the ice. Hey, at least it won't be crowded.

Frank Granovski August 22nd, 2003 12:32 AM

Yeah, ain't that the truth---in the winter, people go ice fishing in those lakes. However, my point was that these lakes have warm water during the summer---much much warmer than the Pacific ocean around Vancouver. Summer, fall, winter, it doesn't matter. The ocean's always cold. Plus it stinks.

Adrian Douglas August 22nd, 2003 06:55 AM

It's hard to imagine 'Winterpeg' as a warm place. I've only been there once and that was enough for me, it was -40ish with and even colder wind chill. I have never been so cold, I was in Fernie the week before and it was -30, then went to Winnepeg with a mate to pick up his girlfriend and was glad to get back to tropical BC.

Frank Granovski August 22nd, 2003 01:25 PM

Next time visit Winterpeg in the summer. :)

Adrian Douglas August 22nd, 2003 08:06 PM

It's probably the exact opposite, 45C with a burning wind.

Frank Granovski August 22nd, 2003 08:46 PM

It never gets that hot but I recall that one time it hit 42C for 3 days in a row. The funny thing was, I never even noticed. Must be because of my Romanian blood.