Possibly the first West Virginian? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:38 AM   #1
New Boot

Possibly the first West Virginian?

Hello all! First post to this wonderful community. I have been lurking and learning for a few weeks now. I graduated from college in May after doing a video post-production internship with a local Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising firm. A few weeks after completing my internship my mentor was let go and I was put into his position. A lot of stress and responsibility for someone!

Recently the decision was made to stop outsourcing the production phase and I was given the responsibility of selecting equipment to use as the primary shooter for essentially all of our productions. I feel like I would have made some slightly different choices had I discovered this community earlier, but nevertheless, I am happy with my new equipment:

Canon XL-H1S w/ additional 6x wide angle lens
Hoya Pro1 UV, Polarizing, and ND filters
FS-C Hard Drive
Anton Bauer adapter with 2 Trimpac 14 batteries
Vinten Tripod with Vision 3 head
Glidecam 4000 pro and x10

I'm hoping that this forum can help me realize the maximum potential from this equipment as I grow into my role with my company.
Josh Nibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the boards. I'm not terribly far away in VA, and I was born up in Keyser. WVA rocks!
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I hail from Harpers Ferry, WV with a day job in DC. Charleston is about 7 hours away from us in the eastern Panhandle.

Hoping that Santa brings me a Canon 5D Mk II and that the god of small businesses brings a Sony EX-1 or -3. Right now I shoot mostly sports (ice skating) with an Canon HV20 and an older Sony DCR-TRV900, and oversee production of some talking head stuff at work. Editing with Vegas 8 Pro and trying to learn some of the Adobe Master Collection. Ice skating samples at Chip Gallo on Vimeo

I've always found useful information here and thanks to the folks who share it!
Chip Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Tourist

i'm in Williamson.....down below Logan,if you know where that is!
Wes Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Across The River

I'm about 80 mi. North of you and just across the river between Parkersburg & Marietta. Congrats on the new position and good luck. Drop me a line if I can help with anything.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #6
New Boot

My wife is from Charleston, WV, or South Charleston, if that's any different, does that count? We lived near WV (Hagerstown, MD area) for some years. We occasionally miss the extreme green scenery.

Rich
Rich Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood