Hello from Davis, CA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Hello from Davis, CA

I've been reading posts on this site for nearly and week and have learned so much. Many thanks. I'm already doing better work and saving money (on tapes, for example), but have also read about so many goodies that I can see this getting more expensive quick as I get into hi-def. (Learning more about hi-def is why I came here.)

I got into video years ago, 1991, I think, when I wanted to film some laboratory experiments for a college course. They were simple, with no narration (I leave that up to the instructor), but they were novel in that they were shot through a microscope.

Then, I started strapping my camcorder to my car when I took it to the track, and I've been pursuing that pretty steadily for about 4 years. I've got my car pre-wired for mics and cameras, build a preamp, line filter and some other basic goodies, and now I can quickly put a camera in, one, behind or in front of the car as I chase people around Thunderhill and other track. Now I'm working on software to merge data I collect at the track with videos. I plan to sell that program.

SD sample frame:
http://images.streetfire.net/photos/_1421862_640.jpg

I also did a promo video for an engineering teaching workshop last year as an audition and I was hired this year to do it again.

I don't have a shop or a real video business, but I've got some interesting projects going and I've even been paid for some of my work. Plus, I'm having fun.

Again, thanks all for the great info in these forums. I especially loved reading the thread on shooting riots.
Mike Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Okay, Mike. Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're set up to do some chase scenes for a film..... Really, let me know if you have any interest in doing some films. We have a growing group of actors and film makers working together here in Elk Grove...
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #3
New Boot

I really want to do an anti-street racing film. I've been working on the concept for a while and am getting close to writing it down and making some sketches/photos. My 9 year old nephew is eager to act in it. ;)

I was thinking of approaching our local cable channel and even the police department to ask about the possibility of public funding/support.

Anyway, I searched and found there are quite a few Sacto-area folks here. I look forward to meeting some of these people someday. I've met John at TEAM Video and Bob (Rob?) Nail at UCD, but that is about it.

Most of the video I have done is related to motor sports, mostly with me driving. Here's my segment from a compilation I did for people on StreetfIre. Enjoy.
m610's Segment from the 2008 StreetFire Rides Vide- Video
Mike Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #4
Inner Circle

We're shooting a lot of family stuff too... my grandkids, Dave Lawlors kids, and others.

Check out what we're up to here.

YouTube - CBarcellos's Channel

We are looking at doing another DV Challenge with announcement of theme out tomorrrow.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood