Greetings from Brooklyn, NY at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 11th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings from Brooklyn, NY

Hello all.

I stumbled across this site while exploring the Panasonic DVX-100 series of cameras.

See, I wrote a screenplay for a full length feature and I'm determined to make it a movie myself. After picking up "Filmmaking for Dummies," and reading some others swear by the DVX, I decided that this was the camera I'd use. I'm not a technical person in this feild by any means but if I can learn to tear down a BMW engine from the cushy seat of a job, how hard can this be? (I know, I know, plenty hard).

Anyway, I look forward to learning from you guys and if anyone's in the NYC area, I'd definately be on the look out to make friends.
Ryan Kincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Brooklyn in da house!!!!

Those Brooklyn guys always yelling! Hey man, welcome to the indie grind, I'm in BK and shooting as much as I can, using the Canon H1 and A1, and I have sworn by Canon since the XL1S. My first camera though was a Panasonic AG-EZ30, which I still have. Always working on something or another and i belong to a film makers group over at nycfilmcollective.com. you should look us up. A lot of great people of all different skill levels who just get together to make stuff. DVinfo is a great resource so check in on the regular and you will learn more than you can keep in you head! good luck, Patric
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Where brooklyn at, where brooklyn at!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Patric Coker View Post
Those Brooklyn guys always yelling! Hey man, welcome to the indie grind, I'm in BK and shooting as much as I can, using the Canon H1 and A1, and I have sworn by Canon since the XL1S. My first camera though was a Panasonic AG-EZ30, which I still have. Always working on something or another and i belong to a film makers group over at nycfilmcollective.com. you should look us up. A lot of great people of all different skill levels who just get together to make stuff. DVinfo is a great resource so check in on the regular and you will learn more than you can keep in you head! good luck, Patric
LOL, I don't think I was yelling.
Ryan Kincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

lol, nah I was the one yelling. It's a BK thing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood