Hi From Original Jersey at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi From Original Jersey

Hi everyone,

New to this board, having found it in my hunt for a solution to the "Blank Frames when Rendering Issue" in Vegas 8.1

Whilst browsing through the site, came across this thread and thought I'd do a search on "Jersey" but all it seems to find is "New Jersey", which is several thousand miles across the Atlantic from where I am here in "Original" Jersey, so I just thought I'd get us added - in case there's anyone else on here in my area - and say hello to the world.

Used to do some freelance/part-time work many years ago with a mate who has his own production company (I was usually the sound man/betacam recorder lugger!) and helped out here and there over the years but could never afford my own Pro setup. I did eventually manage to get a top of the range Sony Digital 8 cam, which served me well for many years for the various amateur/semi-pro projects untertaken over the years. Although, I always hankered after something much better, I could never really justify the expense (as it wasn't my full-time occupation).

However, having really caught the bug again recently, and my old Sony having given up the ghost, and having a few projects either on the go or in the pipe-line, and being slightly more flush cash-wise, I decided it was time to splash out on something decent and, as everything seems to be moving that way now, HD capability. Having researched various cams and formats, I came to the conclusion that it would be better to go the extra and buy into the HVR level (over AVCHD) as I couldn't really justify the expense of XDCAM etc.

Finally narrowed things down to the Z5, based on it's low-light capabilities and (relatively) cheap solid-state format and the excellent reviews it had been receiving. P2 is way out of my price bracket. I must say, I'm really impressed with it, although I haven't had a chance to really put it through it's paces yet (and it's a bit bigger than I envisaged from the photos). I weighed up the issues vis-a-vis the "rolling-shutter" issue and decided that it was such a small issue against all the advantages and was unlikely to an issue for me.

So, that's basically me in a nutshell. An ongoing project I'm working on is a Tai Chi training video/DVD (will have to re-shoot some of the footage to HD/DVCAM as it won't really cut in with the footage I have shot so far with the old cam) and I'm off to France next weekend to a Dive Show in Paris and the following weekend, in Jugons les Lacs, I'm shooting a Panto (yes, I know the French don't "do" Panto but it's a bunch of Brit Expats).

Well I think that's enough rambling for now. Just like to say Happy New Year to everyone from Jersey, Isles de la Manche.

Steve
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood