Introducing: Gabor from Holland at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 18th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Introducing: Gabor from Holland

Hello All,

As I'm new to this forum I'd like to introduce myself a bit. My name is Gabor Heeres, 29 years old and living in Eindhoven, a city in the south of the Netherlands. I do make my living out of two jobs. On one hand I do work as a driver for a small company on a fulltime base. On the other hand I do operate my own business as an ENG-Newshunter for a regional TV Station, the video-department of The Netherlands national press-agency (ANP) and two national TV-stations (one only occasionally).

Some 6 years ago I started a hard-news website publishing photos of local fires, accidents and other news-related incidents. Local newspapers and press-acencies were interested in our pictures so I started selling them. One of our regular customers at that time was the regional TV-station's website. So now and then they asked it if we beside photos also could deliver videopictures for broadcasting. The answer was always a simply no. That was when I decided to buy a 2nd hand semi-professional camcorder relatively cheap, it became Sony's VX1000E.

In the following year we sold more and more videopictures and my VX1000E did not survive that. At that time I did not have the budget to buy professional stuff so I bought Sony's most expensive non-professional camera on the market, the HDR-FX1E. I still use that camera and also 4 freelance colleagues do operate cameras that are my property. These are 2 HVR-HD1000E's and one HVR-A1E.

To grow in professionalism I decided to go another step further. Last week I ordered Sony's top of the HDV range S270E camcorder. I also decided to renew the complete set. I ordered:

Sony HVR-S270E Camcorder
Portabrace Camera Body Armor CBA-S270
Sony HVL-LBP cameralight (version with external power supply option)
Dynacore D-190-S (Main battery)
Dynacore D-130-S (Secondary battery)
Dynacore D-2S batterycharger
Elektrovoice RE-50 Microphone
Sennheiser EW-100 ENG G2 UHF plugon set

The only thing left to buy is a new Tripod, I'm affraid my good-old Sachtler DV1 does not hold the set above.

Greetings from Holland,

Gabor
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood