DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Another hi from Maryland (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/143403-another-hi-maryland.html)

John Saunders February 9th, 2009 10:06 AM

Another hi from Maryland

Hi I am also from maryland and have been reading this forum for a while but just now registered. If anyone cares this is some of the equipment I use:

Canon 5D MKII
Redrock dslr cinema bundle
Sachtler Tripods and head
Sound devices mixpre
Sony lav
Audio tech shotguns
FCP
Apple

I was suprised how many people are in the md area. I agree, and think it would be great if people got together to share ideas and to network.

FWIW I really enjoy this forum and have gotten a lot out of it.

Monday Isa February 12th, 2009 09:04 AM

Welcome John. I know where meeting tonight and if you can make it, it would be great to have you there as well. You'll enjoy this place. Lots to learn.

Monday

John Saunders February 15th, 2009 11:19 AM

i know i missed it but when and where?

Gary Nattrass February 15th, 2009 11:32 AM

Greetings and welcome to the forum I am not from MD but spent a fantastic weekend in Annapolis visiting the Paul Reed Smith factory and hanging out with around 500 guitar geeks from the PRS Forum. Happy Days and fantastic crab cakes!

Daniel Weber February 15th, 2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Saunders (Post 1012450)
i know i missed it but when and where?

John,

we met last Thursday at the IHOP in Wheaton.

There is a FCP meeting at the Navy Memorial this Tuesday the 17th.

If you go to Apple Macintosh Service, Training, Sales and Support in Washington, Virginia, Maryland - Large Format Printing - Epson 7900 & 9900 - HP Designjet Z3200 you will find info about the event there.

Daniel Weber

John Saunders February 17th, 2009 10:00 AM

Thats funny I have taken classes there (MBS)

John Saunders February 17th, 2009 10:01 AM

Damn I missed that one too.

Michael Liebergot February 17th, 2009 11:19 AM

For anyone who is interested, the Baltimore Videographers Association (BVA) is having it's annual Filmfest on Tuesday March 10, 2009 at the BWI Airport Marriott in Linthicum, MD.

Guests need only pay $5 for admission.

Info can be had here:
Baltimore Videographers Association

BTW, the BVA is also taking outside videos for submission if anyone is interested. The deadline has been extended until February 28, 2009. You can contact the board for details if you desire.

The BVA meets every 2nd Tuesday of each month for those who might be interested in networking with local vidoegraphers. The group is mainly comprised of event video shooters, but we also have independent as well as corporate producers as well.

Hope to see you all there,
Michael Liebergot
LVProductions